8

Hyunjin bit his lip. His mind playing back this morning. The picture of Felix wearing the necklace burned into his mind.

   However, all thoughts went away when there was a knock at his office door.

   "Come in."

   His secretary came in a fake smile plastered on her red lips.

  "Mr Hwang, you have a… visitor."

   "I see, please send them in Gowon." Hyunjin told her.

   Gowon nodded and left the room.

  Seconds later did another woman come in.

   "Long time, no see." The woman said.

   "Not my fault," Hyunjin muttered.

    The woman clicked her tongue.

    "You think you are so smart."

  Hyunjin looked at the woman with a raised brow.

  "I am having trouble trying to grasp what you are saying, not that it truly matters. Why are you here Phoebe?"

    Phoebe scoffed.

  "You know why. So clever to intervene, what you offer his father a big pile of money?"

   Hyunjin nodded with a small laugh as if something the older woman said was amusing to him.

   "I simply did what you did, just better." Hyunjin stated.

    "He was mine."

   Hyunjin's jaw tensed and he stood up.

    "He's no one's. I sure as hell was not going to let you hurt him the way you hurt me, we both know that you haven't changed and his father wouldn't have cared if you laid a hand on him because he just wants money.

  Well, now he has a lot more than what was going to happen if your business merged with his and Felix is safe and out of reach from you. I made sure of it." Hyunjin stated.

   The brunette laughed softly.

  "He will be mine and we both know I get what I want, or have you forgotten about that, Hyunjinnie." She questioned, caressing the younger's cheek softly.

   Hyunjin's body tense wanting nothing more than to pull away.

  "What I know, is that if you even breathe in his direction, if his name even leaves your disgusting mouth- hell if it is even implied that you talked about him- that company the your grandfather work so hard on will sink and fast and your dear mother will find out all your dirty little secrets.

   She'll know everything about her precious daughter. The drugs, the violence to past partners, she'll know everything. How do you think she'll react, hm? My bet is she'll cut you off. You know I don't make empty threats.

  So, stay away from Felix, don't mention him, don't look at him, don't even breathe in his direction, or everything will come out." Hyunjin stated.

    The sound of a slap echoed in the office. A red mark forming on Hyunjin's cheek and a small cut beginning to bleed.

     "Don't start shit with me Hyunjin, because you'll regret it."

    The brunette left after that.

   Hyunjin let out a shaky breath, as Gowon entered

  "Hyunjin? Are you okay?"

    "I'm going to leave for an hour or two… if you could please go to the next meeting in my place, I would appreciate it." Hyunjin said, grabbing his coat.

  "Of course, would you like me to call your driver.?" Gowon asked.

  "No, I can drive myself. Thank you, Gowon."

  Hyunjin quickly left.

   The male hit the steering wheel a couple times when he got in his car.

   Memories for months ago playing in his head like on a loop.

   Taking a deep breath, he turned the car on.

    It wasn't too long before he arrived at where he wanted to be.

   Walking up to the establishment his eyes caught Felix who holding a baby. He felt relief seeing the younger was okay.

   He entered the daycare just as Felix handed the baby off to another person.

   Felix was startled when someone randomly came up and hugged him.

  It wasn't the first time, in fact that is how he met his two best friends but it was still startling.

    It took him a minute but he realised that the person hugging his was not a stranger but in fact Hyunjin.

   "Hyunjin?"

   The taller just squeezed Felix and little tighter.

   "Are you okay?" Felix mumbled concerned.

   Hyunjin pursed his lips then spoke, "Yeah..."

   Hyunjin was surprised was to feel the younger hug him back.

  "Felix, where is Sky's..."

   Hyunjin and Felix pulled away from each other.

  "Her bottle blanket is in her bag." Felix said.

   "Okay..." Seungmin trailed off.

  "Uhm, Seungminnie this is Hyunjin… my husband. Hyunjin this is Seungmin, one of my best friends."

    "Nice to meet you Hyunjin. Felix, where is Sky's stuff animal?"

    "I left it in the crib I think." Felix answered.

  "It's not in there." Seungmin said.

    "Uhm, check her bag it might be in there. If not check the changing table." Felix said.

  Seungmin nodded and left with another short glace at Hyunjin.

   Felix turned to Hyunjin feeling a little confused.

"Hyunjin, is everything okay?"

   Hyunjin turned to the younger and nodded.

  "I just wanted to take you to lunch."

  Felix tilted his head, his brows furrowing.

   "What happened to your cheek?" Felix asked, placing his hand softly near the cut.

    "Just a small accident... We should go to lunch."

     Felix shook his head.

   "It needs to be cleaned."

  "Felix, it is fine."

    Felix rolled his eyes.

   "Your worse than the six year olds." Felix stated, pulling Hyunjin to the back.

  Huunjin looked at their intertwined hands.

     The two sat down and let go of Hyunjin's hand.

    It was quiet as Felix cleaned the cut. Felix was focused on making sure that the cut was clean and Hyunjin had taken to studying the younger's features.

   They were soft but also sharp.

    "Felix?" Hyunjin whispered.

  "Hmm?"

   "How did you grow up?"

   Felix stopped cleaning the cut.

   How was he supposed to answer that...?