9

"What do you mean?"

     "Sana and your brother have both mentioned your upbringing, but I wanted to know from you."

   Felix put the medical stuff away.

  "Can we talk about this over lunch? Away from prying ears. There are other people here who aren't Seungmin who are interested in my life and how I grew up." Felix said, putting the first aid kit back.

    "Yeah, we can."

   Felix nodded.

  "Okay, I just need to tell Seungmin I am going for lunch, you can come with me or wait in the front." 

   "I'll wait in the front."  Hyunjin said, standing up.

   The two left the back room, just to hear crying.

    "Ah, Felix! Davina keeps crying for you." Seungmin said.

   Felix pouted and walked over to the crying toddler.

   "Nana, what's wrong, baby?" Felix asked, picking the girl up.

    Hyunjin watched quietly from the side.

   The toddler kept crying and putting her hand to her ear.

   "Your ear hurts, I know sweetie. Seungminnie, can you get her ear drops?"

   The younger nodded and went off to get them.

   "I know sweetie. Uncle Minnie went to get your ear drops." Felix said, but the mention of the drops made the small girl cry and move around more in Felix's hold.

    "Uncle Minnie?" Hyunjin questioned.

   "Yeah, Davina is Minho's daughter." Felix said.

   The sound of Hyunjin's voice distracted Davina from her crying.

    Felix chuckled as Davina looked at Hyunjin with wide eyes.

   "What's up, baby?" Felix asked.

   Davina held her arm out motioning to Hyunjin.

   "That's Hyunjin."

    Seungmin handed Felix the drops.

   "Okay, sweet girl, we gotta do your drops." Felix said.

  The girl started to move around trying to get away.

   "Ah, Nana, please don't."

    Felix was surprised when Hyunjin took the toddler from Felix. Davina stopped moving, confused when she realised that she was no longer in Felix's arms.

   "Let Lixie put your drops in, they'll help."

   The girl shook her head, covered her ears.

  "Davina, look."

   Felix giggled softly seeing Hyunjin pull a toy out of his coat pocket.

    The girl had become distracted enough for Felix to put the drops in her ear.

    "There you go."

   Felix took the still distracted girl and put her back in her crib.

   "She's okay for a while, she'll probably want a nap in a little." Felix told Seungmin.

   "Okay. Are you going somewhere?"

   "Hyunjin is taking me to lunch."

    Maybe, Seungmin was slightly confused. Just a couple hours ago Felix was talking about how distant they were and now they were going to lunch.

   "Alright, well, be careful and make sure you call Jeongin."

Felix hummed.

  "I'll call him when he gets me another cookie."

    Seungmin sighed.

  "You'll never let him live that down." The younger muttered.

  "Nope. See you in a little."

  Seungmin waved watching Hyunjin and Felix leave.

  "So very interesting."

  -

    "My growing up was not too fun. My father nor mother expected me. By the the time I popped into the picture, my parents had my brother and sister and for them that is all the needed.

   My brother was to be a well respected lawyer and my sister would be arranged in a marriage for the business, then I came into the picture and plans changed. My father decided I would be the one to be married while my sister could do whatever she liked as long as she was respected." Felix said

    "My first word was mama and it was to the nanny who was taking care of me. My the time I was four I barely knew my parents and they had my little sister.

  She saw my parents more than I did. Maids and butlers, taught me everything from cooking, cleaning, gardening, to caring. Which according to my father led me to be a very emotional person.

   By the time I was fifteen, I realised that I was just a pawn in my father's game of getting money. I've never known where my mother stands in anything."

    There was a stark difference in the way Hyunjin and Felix grew up. Hyunjin did quite like the way Felix grew up.

  Because even though he, himself, had a father who was cold to him, he still had his mother who was affectionate, Felix had neither.

   "How long has Sana been with you?" Hyunjin asked.

   "Four years. She listened to everything I ever said. She was always interested in the way I talked about love. The way I talked about my crushes, the way I talked about my first kiss, she just always listened." Felix told him.

   Hyunjin sat back in his chair a little.

  "What was your first kiss?"

   "One of my best friends, Jeongin. Two weeks after we met he kissed me in the school library. It was a cliché type thing.

   I was laying in his lap reading Alice in Wonderland and he was messing with my hair and all of a sudden he kisses me. However, because of the way I was holding the book when I let go of one side it hit him in the head.

   We laughed about it and became the first person I kissed, we never had a relationship though I wanted one but my parents wouldn't have liked the idea of us..." Felix explained.

   Felix laughed softly to himself, but there was a pain in the younger's eyes and Hyunjin could see it.

  "I fell in love with the idea of love, even without being in a relationship. I just remember thinking I don't want what my parents have. Arguing late at night about who knows what, no affection or love between them, seperate lives unless in the public eye. I don't know a time when they were happy."

   Hyunjin pursed his lips.

  A concept he loves dearly, yet he doesn't get because he's with me.