𝖲༏✗𝗍𝖾𝖾ƞ

The dealer had a pretty nice life down in the sewers.

Roger brought them to a tunnel separated by a black curtain, and beyond the curtain sat a dead-end tunnel. There were multiple dimly-lit holograms, casting a soft golden glow off of the stone walls. This tunnel wasn't as grimy as the others, and the ground was covered with plastic sheets and blankets to serve as carpets. There was a single large mattress propped on wooden beams, and a bin with some sort of screen over the top. Toward the end of the tunnel sat a square panel on the ground and a square above it on the ceiling, and there was a curtain. Noah assumed it was a shower, and suddenly, he felt filthy.

Roger laid the dealer down on the bed and sat down in a wooden chair next to it. He gazed at the screen displaying the dealer's vitals.

"What do you know about the dealer?" asked Skully, his eyes narrowed.

Roger took a deep breath and smiled. "Not much. The dealer doesn't like to talk about himself. I've known him a few years now... Don't know his name. He's a little... He isn't crazy. His anger just gets the best of him."

"You're his personal doctor?" asked Skully.

Roger shrugged. "He doesn't call me that, but yes, I am." There was a flicker of sadness in his eyes. He placed his tablet down gently on the bed and stood, walking toward the bin with the screen over it. "There are some waters in here, if anyone would like some." His hand went through the screen, and Noah realized it was a holographic screen. Skully distributed some waters, but Noah wasn't thirsty. He also noticed that Ashton didn't take one. Skully knelt down in front of Ashton. "How have you been eating?"

Ashton's gaze fell. "I don't eat."

Roger cleared his throat. "If anyone else here needs medical attention, I'd be happy to help."

Skully stood and glared harshly at the doctor. "I don't think you know how to help."

"Well, I have never treated someone hit by a Shockwave, but here I am," said Roger with a shrug. His eyes landed on the little boy, who was sitting with his knees against his chest.

Skully glanced at the boy and sighed. "Alright, you can do what you wish."

Roger knelt down in front of the boy and gave a soft smile. "You look like a smart kid. I'm sure you've figured out that my name's Roger. Now, you've probably got a cool name, like Oliver, or maybe... Hunter? Christopher?"

The boy didn't respond.

In the silence, Roger pulled from his pocket a small slip of paper not unlike the one Ashton used to communicate with Noah. "I'm gonna give this to you. It's very special, so don't lose it. It's a message gram. All you have to do is think really, really hard, and what you want to say will appear on the paper. Alright?" He handed it to the boy.

The boy stared down at the paper.

೦Κ

Roger smiled. "What is your name?"

Ⅽ𝖸𝖱𝖴S

"Cyrus," Roger repeated. "That's a really cool name." He pulled from his pocket a small bottle. "This is some medication to help you regain your strength. Would you like some?"

Cyrus stared at the bottle, then slightly shook his head.

"That's okay," said Roger. "Now, I'm gonna check on your friends, and while I do, I suggest you see what's in that cooler over there. There's all sorts of snacks." Roger stood and wiped his hands on his coat before moving over to Ashton. Ashton sighed heavily and glanced at Skully, who shrugged.