Chapter 1: The Present

A/N: By the way, [""] means that you're talking using a device. [] means that an ai or device is issuing something.

================================

Y/n POV

"Quickly! Catch him!" A patrol captain shouted as more of the patrols came.

"We must not let him leave!"

Whilst in the far, I'm running away from the patrols. To be honest, I'm kinda annoyed with the crossbowmen who keep on shooting at me from the buildings. Not to mention, the casters that keep on shooting projectiles from afar. I manage to keep myself safe thanks to the barrier I put surrounding me.

"Tch! Why is he so hard to hit?" One of the casters said in frustration.

"Well, he has been around some cities before. So it's not that surprising that he's capable of doing such things." Another answered.

I keep on running while the soldiers keep on chasing me.

["Nii-san. Go to the left after reaching the intersection. I'll send you the coordinates of the location of the landmines."] A voice told me from the phone.

["Got it! Thanks, Bronya!"] I responded. I click on the coordinates sent from the phone and keep on running until reaching an intersection.

"Aight! Here we go!" I turn left and jump to avoid the landmines. The soldiers follow me but ended up caught in the explosion.

"Haha! Gotcha!" I said.

"Argh! Come back here you son of a b-!" A patrol leader said.

"Nah, I'm good. Honestly, I don't get how you're still not able to catch me or even catch up to me despite the massive amount." I said, making him even more pissed.

["Nii-san, there's a drone nearby. Use your grappling hook and attach it to it, so I can pull you up."]

["And we're done?"]

["Yep."]

["Alright!"] I look around in search of a drone and found two. Since I don't know which is which, I ended up picking one of them. Soon, I got carried up.

"Nice! Guess I'm lucky."

["No, you're not. You pick the enemy's drone. The reason it carries you is that I hack it."] Bronya said, which of course, disappoints me.

"Well, I guess better luck next time."

The drone carries me out of the city without the guards noticing.

I arrive outside and land on the ground. There, I saw Bronya holding her suitcase. She's probably waiting for a long time.

 She's probably waiting for a long time