Chapter 6: Awaken to Run

Wanderer POV

It's so dark... What have I been doing? It hurts, it suddenly hurts. My heart? No, I'm not sure, but it just... hurts. 

Waking up, I find what seems to be a desolate area. There's absolutely no one and nothing around, only ruins of what's left remains. Dust, soil, and rocks; were all scattered everywhere and the wind's tide had just slowly faded. 

The wind...where does it come from? It shouldn't matter now. What matters, is how Bronya and the rest of the kids are doing. I hope I didn't leave for a long time and make them worry. Bronya would scan me to check if there's any damage done specifically on me that could potentially be fatal one way or another, maybe a delay on the effect, it doesn't matter if it's physical or mental. This would be quite a problem.

Oh, right... Which way was it again? All the signs I left are lost in the depths of the ruins. 

I sighed. When I was about to start finding my way through these ruins, I heard a noise above me in the sky, which sounded like a rotor. Raising my head, I find quite a unique drone flying above. Its camera moves around to have a look at the situation. This might... must be Bronya. Only Bronya's drone has that weird-looking bunny image tempered on it.

"Bronya! I'm here!" I cried out as I waved my hand up in the air. From my point of view, it seems that I've captured her attention, but the drone seems to be focusing on another thing. 

"Huh?"

I ducked as soon as a bullet was fired through the rifle equipped on the drone. At first, I was quite surprised, although it ended up being understandable since it was aimed at a surviving Reunion trying to headshot me.

Thanks...I guess?

I fully hope that dude wouldn't die after having been shot through...to the heart. Bronya better at least try not to kill him. 

After watching the drone surveying the area for quite some time, I began to follow its movement through the remnants of what was left around before eventually reaching the very shelter I left. There are burnt marks everywhere and traces of Originium in the form of crystals emerging from buildings to buildings. The barrier shielding the shelter seemed to weaken, it barely guards anything now, and even the smallest hit would shatter it.

I touch the barrier surrounding the shelter and cracks start forming from the spot I touched, eventually spreading all over the barrier and dematerializing into specks of crystal-like particles; all flying and eventually dispersing into the air. 

"Dang, truly an eventful moment. Quite a scenery worthy of keeping in my library of memories."

I glanced at the entrance of the building and calmly approached it before pushing the wide doors apart. Seeing that I may have a new-found problem, I decided to enter cautiously into the prevention of unnecessary outcomes. Anticipation is key to adjusting myself against possible odds. Especially, since Bronya is always the strategic type, I'll need to be careful for any of her traps.

As soon as I stepped into this old, dusty, crusty, and musty building, dozens of arrows began rushing onto me at an unimaginable speed.

I raise my hand and watch as a gleam of light forms on my palm and spreads, its light illuminating every side and every corner of the room, blinding every essence of darkness in an instant. I hastily launched myself forward to avoid the dozens of arrows that were speeding in my direction during the illumination. Bronya is too wary about incoming intruders, she should've known that I was coming, so why did she do this?

"Bronya-chan!"

I shouted, echoes immersed into the quiet atmosphere and only drops of water could be heard. Where is...she?