Chapter 5: Mass Calamity Devouring

{Wanderer POV}

I woke up after a long time of rest and guess what? The whole place caught on fire... Not only the whole place, it seems like the entire city caught on fire and is slowly getting destroyed. The heat makes me sweat so much, I even began to get panicked.

"Alright! Better get outta here! Where's Bronya?" 

I spoke. I look around to see Bronya sleeping on me. She's sleeping soundlessly and I'm still surprised how she's not awake after all the chaos happening around. What a cool sleep.

So...cute! Better not wake her up. I then slowly carry her on my back while escaping the safehouse. 

As I venture throughout the slums, I could see many dead bodies around, either burnt or flattened. The fire has started to spread even further from what I saw, this might not be a good thing. Buildings, peoples, and many others are probably gone. I should have been fine on my own, but perhaps fate intertwined me.

On a distance, I saw several kids stuck inside a collapsing building. They're alive but injured, if I let them be, they might not be able to survive. Should I leave them be? A better chance of surviving overall. Or take my chances and reduce them to lower than 30% by saving them kids.

"Umm... Bronya would hate me if she knew I let people die. And I'll feel guilty..."

I rushed toward the kids while casting Arts. I fill my hands with a concentration of energy, trying to create a blast strong enough to push the buildings away, but also weak enough not to shatter them upon impact. 

The result being I was able to minimize the damage and causalities around the kids. Time to went on with some action, after all, these fire still exist. I quickly rush and extinguish the flames surrounding them. 

"Come, quick!" I shouted.

The kids followed my lead and began running with me. One of them is injured, but still have the will to live I guess. Things wouldn't go wrong if he didn't fall. 

"Tch!" I slow down a bit and grab the kid by his hand, eventually carrying him.

"Where are we going, mister?" A kid holding a doll asked.

"Somewhere much better and much safer than here. Not so sure where, though." 

I said. Having said that, I must made them feel a little bit of trust. To survive, you'll need to trust each other. Either you're weak or strong, it's fine. Even the strongest need help to survive.

We began running faster after seeing how the situation around just got worse. Fires erupted more and more, burning and collapsing everything it touches. 

I then found a safe place, it's a storage room, looked more like a bunker though. This is as far as I can go, with the kids. The only thing I can do is either leaving them behind or went on and try finding the blue haired dragon girl. She's an officer alright, and I caught her helping some people here. The only thing that's bothering me right now, what is her goal? No...more like his goal.

I know that he's using Talulah to 'reincarnate', but is destroying Lungmen needed? More like, he's trying to corrupt Talulah more and more, pushing her deeper into the darkness. I'm...confused.

"No way! I should go now."

I jumped away from the building while slowly making sure that they're going to be alright. The least I can do is to call the Lungmen's Officer stuff. Hopefully I wouldn't get arrested, twice.

"I shouldn't be using this much Arts..." I coughed. "I'm going to keep on dying like this. Whatever..."

I decided to run around aimlessly searching for LGD. Lungmen Guard Department, that's possibly having a hard time with the Reunion. Hopefully, I wouldn't need to handle this mess again. I've given a path to save her, why isn't anyone saving her? Perhaps...right, time is always a nuisance.