5.

Derek was pacing. He paced back and forth through the hallway, the hallway that Meredith's room was on.

Except Meredith was now asleep. He was going to stay in the hallway until she had calmed down but she had also yelled at him when he stayed in the hallway so he had to leave.

And When he came back she was asleep in her room. He didn't have to go in the room to check on her because he could see that she was asleep from the window.

She had tear stains down both her cheeks and her eyelashes were still watery from the tears while she slept.

he couldn't think of what to do. all he wanted to do was talk to Meredith and make things go back to the way they were.

but he couldn't do that, Meredith had trauma, some kind of trauma. he had heard of birth trauma but it never really occurred to him that Meredith would be a victim to it.

he was a neurosurgeon; he never had to think or worry about birth traumas, but now he did, it wasn't for just any patient, it was for Meredith.

Meredith was asleep now and pacing and worrying about her wasn't going to do her any good right now so he would have to wait until she woke up to be sorry for everything that he did, but more so for what he didn't do.

so instead he decided to take a day off from working today. he had been overworking himself for the last fourteen hours and decided that instead of working he would focus on his family.

it's what he should have been doing in those two days and he was ashamed that he hadn't thought about it before.

he left the hallway Meredith's room was on and went up to daycare. he picked up Zola from her spot at the table with blocks.

he lifted her into his arms and hugged her tight. he kissed her cheek multiple times making her smile, which he smiled in return.

He let one of the nurses know he was taking Zola before he left daycare and brought her down to the floor Meredith and Bailey were on.

he went into the room where they were checking up on the baby to make sure he was okay. he saw Arizona standing next to the table where he was laying on.

"I just came to show Zola the baby," he said when Arizona heard the door open and turned to see him, and she was quick to glare.

"He seems fine, it was only Meredith who was hurt during the birth. how is Meredith?" she asked. she could have said something along the lines of "or do you not know because you were too busy to think twice about her state" but she decided to argue with him in front of the children.

"she's asleep right now, she cried herself to sleep," he told her. a bit of guilt in his voice knowing that he was the reason she had cried herself to sleep.

"she's in a lot of pain," Arizona said before she left the room.

Derek set Zola on the exam table and gently lifted the baby up and showed him to her.

"This is your little brother," he said to her as she managed to get something out that sounded like the word 'baby'.

"Yeah, that's your baby brother," he smiled down at her.

"But he doesn't have a name yet, mommy and I still have to take about that... but we have to wait until she's feeling a bit better and isn't so mad at daddy," he said making Zola giggle.

———
Derek got a page saying to come to Meredith room. He had already brought Zola back up to daycare and brought the baby back into the nursery.

He got up from his place and started walking back to where Meredith room was.

When he walked into the room he saw multiple doctors in the room. Bailey, Arizona and Cristina.

"Is everything okay?" He asked as he walked into the room.

"We're not sure, the machines were beeping for a bit but we got everything back to normal before you got here," Bailey said.

"Why, what happened?" He asked.

"Meredith seems to have an infection where her incision is. We don't know why but I guess her incision wasn't the cleanest," Arizona said. Derek was the last the clean it, he should have noticed But he seemed to be paying more attention to Meredith then the incision.

"Is she going to be okay?" He asked.

"If we keep the incision extra clean and get rid of the infection then yes, but if not no," Cristina said.

"Alright," he sighed as he looked down at Meredith. She was awake now but she wasn't happy which was understandable.

But she also wasn't looking at him either. She only looked in her lap as she fiddled with her fingers.

She glanced up at Derek once and saw the hurt in his but she quickly looked back down when his eyes met her, she knew If looked at for too long she would start to forgive him and deep down she knew what he did shouldn't be forgiven so easily.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I finally updated this story!!!

And mer had an infection

Suggestions for his name? I would name him Bailey but I want it to be something else

Suggestions??