𝟏𝟎» ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴇᴀᴋ, sᴛᴇғᴀɴ

"You're all it takes for me to break a promiseSilly me to fall in love with you

Silly me to fall in love with you."

~ Halley's Comet//Billie Eilish

Stefan's Pov

My father wasn't my first victim.

There had been one far more innocent. One whose burden rests on my conscious, perhaps, heavier than the rest. My bloodlust drove me to claim the lives I've taken over the century. In retrospect, my first kill had been a result of pure ignorance and selfishness.

Rosalyn.

A gnarly shadow underneath the old Willow keeps me up at night. An oh-so-familiar apprehension as I close the distance between us. Lifeless brown eyes point to the sky, but they aren't those of my former betrothed.

No. No. No.

Serena will not turn up like Rosalyn. I won't be a catalyst for her destruction. I hate the feeling of deja vu when I know I've been here and done this before.

She feels like the roses that grew in my mother's garden, the wind hitting my face when I rode Mezzanotte, and the sun's warmth on my human skin. She feels like home.

And then I remember how I tore down the only home I ever had.

Elena's the one, so why does it matter? Elena makes me forget who I am. Serena? She's a reminder.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Serena's POV

Care and I stood by the 'broadcast journalism' table in the school gymnasium. Tonight was the Career night at Mystic Falls High. An event aimed at introducing high schoolers (those who cared) to prospective career routes and opportunities.

Not like I ever got the chance to think about being anything other than a hunter.

"So, you forgave them?" Caroline sounded repulsed. "Just like that?"