𝟏𝟒» ɪʀʀᴇᴠᴏᴄᴀʙʟʏ ғᴜᴄᴋᴇᴅ

"Halley's CometComes around more than I doBut you're all it takes for me to break a promiseSilly me to fall in love with you

"Halley's Comet
Comes around more than I do
But you're all it takes for me to break a promise
Silly me to fall in love with you."

~Halley's Comet//Billie Eilish

Dear diary,

Never in my entire life would I have imagined sitting down to write about my day. But Elena claims writing is free therapy. So, if there's any chance maintaining a journal can help in making sense of the situation I find myself in, I'll take it.

That's how desperate I am.

The conundrum is the way Stefan looks at me lately, like I'm a puzzle he's trying to solve. I know that even with my training there's no way I could take on a whole nest of vampires. It's evident on his face that it bothers him too. He keeps asking me if I remember anything, but I don't.

The conundrum is that no one named Castiel exists. I keep trying to find that name in Sam's database. It never shows up.

The conundrum is that I think I'm starting to lose my damn mind. I have this recurring nightmare every night since. 

Each night, my father yanks my hand out of the fireplace in our living room. I watch the flames lick his skin, passing over mine like I'm not even there. At first, I thought it was a figment of my imagination after what happened with the vampire. But I can smell his flesh burning, his face contorting into panic as if I've been there with him.

I've considered the possibility that it's a memory I've been compelled to forget.

The conundrum is that I kissed Damon. I kissed him in a way I shouldn't have. He caught me off guard. I don't know what I was thinking, or if I was thinking it all. We haven't talked about it in the past week since he snuck out of my window right before Mom barged in.

"Oh, don't sulk," Damon threw me a look of disapproval, fingers drumming on the steering wheel. 

"Sorry, Mom," my jibe received a roll of his eyes. "Forgive me if I'm not particularly enthusiastic about seeing Richie Lockwood's face."