Chapter 67

Esme's POV

Previously...

Caleb and I made our way home. When we got home we both went into the entrance hall where Caleb picked me up and spun me around. I held onto him before he put me down. He leant in to kiss me softly and I kissed him back.

"I know we have a long way to go but we are going to be parents," Caleb said.

"I know I can't believe it! We do have a long way to go but after that great news I've got a feeling we're going to be absolutely fine," I said. I stood there for a moment and rubbed my hand on my stomach.

Caleb and I lay together on the sofa with a film playing in the background. I don't think either of us were paying much attention to it however. We were playing with each others fingers while looking at each other and just smiling. We were lay in a comfortable silence.

As we lay silently I found my hand moving to my stomach and holding it there.

"I can't believe we're pregnant," Caleb said.

"Neither can I. I was convinced it had failed. With the bleeding and stomach pains I didn't think it was possible," I said.

"Someone was smiling down on us for sure,"

"Yeah they were. Perhaps your Dad,"

"Yeah maybe,"

Caleb went quiet for a moment.

"Sorry I didn't mean to upset you," I said.

"You didn't. I was just thinking about how excited he would have been for us to be parents and him be a grandad. He would have been so happy especially after everything we've been through," he said.

"He is happy. He will always be for you," I said.

Caleb leant in and kissed me softly. We kissed passionately for a moment before he moved away. I knew what he was thinking. It has been the same thing for years. When he'd feel sad or upset about his Dad we'd have sex to make him feel better. I did understand he wanted to be close to me. By this time I knew the what the look in his eyes meant.

"I know what you're thinking," I said to him.

"Been the same pattern for years," he said.

"Isn't it time that changed? As much as I love having sex with you. There is other things to make you feel better," I said.

"You make me better Mimi," he said.

"I know I do. I make you feel better without the sex,"

I moved myself onto his lap and wrapped my arms around him holding him close.

"You have so much to be happy for," I said.

Caleb held me in his arms. We pulled away after a while and he looked at me "What do you fancy for dinner?" He asked.

"Um... how about we get takeaway? I could eat Italian," I said.

"Sure thing,"

Caleb went to get a menu and came back and I looked through it.

"I might get some lasagne," I said.

"I'll get the same. Quite fancy that," he said.

Caleb ordered our Italian and got it for delivery. That way we could stay lay here together and didn't need to go out.

"You know we don't see your Mom enough. We should really take some time off and pay her visit," I said to Caleb.

"Yeah we should. We text and I ring her some of the time but our relationship has never been the same since Dad died. She saw too much of him in me and it pained her every day,"

"We should still go and see her. She does love you despite everything,"

"I know,"

We watched a bit more of another film before our dinner came. I dished it up on a plate each and we went back to the sofa. Caleb got us a drink each. He grabbed us both some water.

"I guess there is no more wine with dinner now," I said.

"Yeah for at least 9 months anyway," he said.

"You know if you want a glass I don't mind,"

"If you're not having any then neither am I,"

"You're so sweet. Thank you,"

"I mean it. With other things too. No coffee. More healthy eating. I'll do what you need to. We're a team,"

"Thank you Caleb,"

We ate our dinner and when we finished we went to do the washing up. I finished putting the last of the cutlery away and Caleb wrapped his arms around me.

"What do you want to do now?" He asked.

"I'd love to just lie in bed," I said.

We both went upstairs and I changed into my nighty and Caleb stripped down to his boxers. We got into bed together and cuddled up. Caleb was lovely and warm. I did love cuddling to him.

"Why don't you ring your Mom tomorrow and we can arrange a weekend to go up and see her," I said.

"Yeah I'll do that. Perhaps maybe next weekend as it's the anniversary of Dad's death," Caleb said.

I squeezed his hand "Even more reason for us to all be together," I said.

After a while of lay with some music playing. Caleb had leant in to kiss my neck softly. His lips softly began to suck. He was always so gentle to not leave a mark. His hand went under my nighty and one finger began to rub my clit

"Caleb...," I whimpered out.

"Mimi," he said as his pace increased.

I began to feel close to the edge and my eyes shut tight as his lips found mine and we began to kiss urgently.

A few more strokes and I exploded. I opened my eyes and I saw Caleb remove his boxers.

"Caleb... do you think this is a good idea? Any talk of your Dad leads to this. I thought we were breaking this trend," I said.

"It's not because I'm sad about Dad. I want you Mimi. I want to celebrate our news and I want to feel you," he said.

"Ok. But please be gentle,"

Caleb nodded as he lifted my nighty to my waist and climbed on top of me. He gently inserted himself into me and began to thrust slowly.

It was like we were making love again. We hadn't made love in a long time. We had just had passionate, urgent sex. Which I didn't moan about because it was incredible. Caleb kept a gentle pace hitting the spot every time.

"Mimi... I love you," Caleb said before his lips found mine again.

"I love you too," I said.

We kissed again gently as his thrusts kept a slow pace. I found myself getting close as Caleb exploded inside me.

"You close Mimi?" He asked.

"More... more," I gasped out as he thrusted a few more time. I came round him and he pulled out of me.

He lay next to me and pulled me into his arms. We lay in silence and I slowly drifted off to sleep.