Chapter 20

Caleb's POV

After Esme left I decided on what I needed to do. I was going to go for a walk in the park with her when she got home and then cook dinner for her and see how things went. I got in my car and went to the supermarket and went to buy some ingredients. I decided on cooking her steak, mash potatoes and asparagus which was one of her favourite meals. 

I got back home and put the ingredients away for later. I then sat on the sofa with a coffee and thought about last night. I wasn't a good human being and neither Esme or Hannah deserved me. I had slept with Hannah behind Esme's back and then slept behind both of their backs with another women at the club. I could imagine how angry they would both be if they found out. I hadn't even heard anything from Hannah since she bolted out of work at 5pm last night. I told her I wanted her but she hadn't even contacted me to let me know what was going on with her or even wanted to talk to me. 

Around 2pm Esme arrived back home and she came into the living room. I got up and went over to her "I need to apologise and I know how to partly make things right. I know that this will only make things right partly but I thought we can talk tonight and I can open up and we can work things through," I said to her. 

Esme looked at me with a sad smile "Ok. Let's talk tonight. I'm going to go and grab a shower and change and then maybe we can do something," she said. 

"How about a walk in the park? We used to do that a lot when we first got together," I suggested. 

She smiled at the memories "Sounds good. I won't be long," she said before disappearing upstairs. 

I waited on her to shower and get changed and when she came down we both went for a walk in the park. We got to the park and we walked hand in hand. 

"How was work?" I asked her. 

"Busy. I didn't realise how busy a Saturday can get. I'm glad I went in. I would have felt awful leaving them on their own to run the place today," she said. 

"At least when you get the manager in you won't have to do that then," I said.

"Yeah that is true. I didn't think about that," 

"I'm glad we had some space to think you know. I have spent since last night thinking about things and I'm sorry I was a total idiot. I guess recently with work stressing me out I've been distant and not been sharing things with you like I should," 

"We can talk about that later. Let's just relax," 

We sat down on a bench together and Esme cuddled to me. I put an arm around her and held her close before kissing the top of her head. We then got up and walked some more down the path. 

As we walked I saw Hannah and Ethan coming into view. They were sat talking. Ethan then began tickling her and then he was on top of her and they began kissing. It made me feel really jealous. 

Esme saw them and smiled "Should we go say hi?" she asked. 

"Maybe we should leave them to it," I said. 

"Come on don't be shy," she said. 

We walked towards them and when we got close Esme coughed softly. 

"Hi guys," Esme said to them.

"Mrs Banks. Hi," Hannah replied.

The situation was slightly uncomfortable for Hannah and I but Ethan and Esme were casually chatting as the both off us were silent. 

Silence filled the air so I decided to speak "I thought you two finished. I thought you were fucking around with someone else Hannah," I said looking at her.