Chapter 69

Caleb's POV

I was upstairs packing ready for our weekend away to go visit my Mother. I had been letting Esme take things easy as we both desperately wanted this pregnancy to work.

Esme came up to the bedroom and lay on the bed as I packed.

"You ok?" I asked her as I watched her rub her stomach.

"Yeah I'm ok. Why do they say it's morning sickness when I've been sick all day," she said.

"Im really worried. Perhaps we should call Doctor Carmichael," I suggested.

"I'll be ok,"

"I'm just worried. You've barely been able to keep food down the past two days,"

"Ok maybe I'll give her a call,"

Esme got out her phone and she rang the clinic. I continued packing and waited for Esme to come off the phone.

A while after she put the phone down and looked at me.

"What did she say?" I asked.

"She thinks I've got severe morning sickness. She has sent a prescription to the pharmacy for some anti sickness pills. She told me to try them and if I'm still really sick I'll have to go into the hospital until it's under control,"

"Maybe we should not go away to my Mom's this weekend. We should stay here. She will understand,"

"Understand what though Caleb. We haven't even told her I'm pregnant yet. I thought we wanted to do it in person,"

"I did but your health and the baby is more to me,"

"No let's go. It's only a couple of days. We can get the tablets and hopefully they'll work,"

I finished packing knowing not to argue with her. She would always win. I always let her win.

Esme went downstairs to get herself some water and I took our packed bags down and put them next to the door.

"Do you want to eat before we leave?" I asked Esme.

She shook her head "No, I don't want to be sick on the journey. I'll make sure I have plenty of water and let's get these pills and I'll eat tonight when we get to your Mom's," she said.

"Ok," I said.

I packed the car up with our things and Esme got in the car. I locked up the house and got into the drivers seat. I drove to the store and Esme went into her her pills. She got into the car and we started the 4 hour drive to my Mom's.

We arrived at my Mother's house 4 hours, and two stops later. I parked on the driveway and My Mother came out to greet us. She hugged Esme first and then came to hug me.

"Never leave a visit this long again. I missed you," my Mom said.

"I promise Mom," I said.

I got Esme and my bags and we went inside. My Mother had made us some tea and cake and we sat down at the breakfast bar.

Esme, my Mother and I sat together.

"Mom you didn't need to go to so much trouble," I said to her.

"Nonsense. It isn't every day my baby boy and his gorgeous wife comes to visit me," she said.

"For once Diane I agree with my husband. You really didn't need to go to all this trouble," Esme said.

I was worried Esme wouldn't be able to eat or drink because of her sickness. Esme caught me looking at her and smiled at me softly as she put her hands on her cup.