Chapter 7

"It's...Selena."

He said the girl's name directling staring into my eyes.  Sa mga matang iyon, I see no regrets of anything he possibly done.

But I still give him the benefit of the doubt. I listen before overthink things again. He's Justin, and I knew him for too long.

Ngayon ko pa ba siya pagdududahan?

I didn't speak or react, I just look at him too. I was hoping he could read my mind that all I ever need is assurance that nothing had happened between them. Gusto kong ipaliwanag niya ang dahilan na gusto kong marinig. Na nagkataon lamang na magkasama sila.

I saw seriousness on his face. And in that very moment, I know that once he opens his mouth to speak...it's gonna be hurt.

"I..." He take a deep breath.

"I knew her since two years ago. Bago pa tayo mag college." He look like his telling a sad love story and I hate it. "...Bago pa siya makilala ni Gio."

Why did I have no idea about this? Palagi kaming magkasama. How I could I never notice he's already eyeing some other girl?

"We started of friends then later on I try to court her."

Of course, you did.   I told myself.

Justin is the type of guy who will pursue something he really want. And I think that also apply to people he encounter with.

Nagtataka lamang ako kung bakit pagdating sa akin, laging hindi siya ready.

At ngayong nalaman ko na unang kita niya pa lang noon kay Selena, he already knew she's the one. And that breaks my heart because I've been with him from the very start. Before he even learn what love is.

We grew up together. Yet he still can't see me on those many years we had shared.

"But she rejected me and I don't why. Maybe she's not ready. She didn't give me any explanation."

I stayed silent. I'm out of words to say.

Bago ang lahat ng ito sa akin. Kung ikwento niya ang babaeng iyon ay parang may isang punto sa buhay niya na hindi ko nasaksihan, kung kaya't hindi ko ito alam.

How could I say anything to the person I love, telling me how he met the girl he fell in love with? Should I comfort him for being rejected?

Or should I comfort myself from hurting?

"They moved so I didn't get to see her again. Not until the day, Gio introduced her to us...as his friend." He's talking about the time where Gio introduced her to Justin and Yexel for the first time.

"Una magkaibigan lang sila. That's what he told us. But I was shocked when Gio suddenly introduced her as his date, noong araw na makita natin sila sa coffee shop."

He speaks as if he's so dissapointed.

"Y-You came to her today...."

It wasn't a question.

"Yes. I because I want her to explain herself. I demand answers. Pero hindi niya pa rin iyon ibinigay sa akin. She said I should leave, dahil may trabaho pa siya sa coffee shop."

"But she answers your phone..."

"I left it in the coffee shop. She knew it was mine so she answers it. It was you who called. But she got scared because you're the caller. She thought you're my girlfriend. She didn't want you to think that I'm cheating."

Huminga ako ng malalim. I try to take in all his explanations. But it just continue to break my heart into million pieces.

Why do I have to hear about this?