Chapter 14

After eighteen roses, the event resume. My girls held the microphone as we started the eighteen gifts.

Brianna, my favorite girl, take it away first.

"Who would have thought this isn't just a debut party but also an engagement?" She started.

She smiled as I blew her a kiss. "You deserve all the love in the world. And this gift..." She handed me a pink box with the size of my hand. "this gift is a symbol of how much I love you...as a friend." She laughed. "As a friend because I can't steal you from Justin anymore. He already build a fence around you with that gorgeous diamond ring. I love you girl, happiest birthday."

She's my favorite because her personality gives colors to my darkest days. She talks a lot because she knows she needs to be heard but behave when she supposed to. I just noticed that she becomes quite lately. Tila sa mata ko, nagiging katulad siya ni Gia who's very quite ever since what happened between her and Gio. I just assume that Brianna is dealing with something personally lately na hindi niya masabi sabi.

She's my first girl friend since high school even before I met the rest of my treasured friends. Except Justin because he was there even before I discover what does the word friend is. Magkasama na kami mula pa simula ng buhay namin.

Brianna likes to joke around but when she's not in the mood talking, always assures me that she was there listening. I'm so lucky to have her.

After Brianna, Gia takes the microphone and handed me a white silver bag.

"It wasn't that expensive but I guarantee you it's meaningful. It was the thing that reminds me of you. It shines like a star, it shines like you. That's the only clue I can give you. Happy birthday, twin. You and I always feel the same way. Up until now, hindi ko pa rin alam how do we feel the same way even having two different personality. Maybe it's fate and believe me I feel the same way tonight. I also feel beautiful. Happy birthday, twin." She laugh a little. I know she feels shy around many people so it's understandable that she didn't say that much.

Gia likes to say things short but indirect. She says things that you never knew has other meaning aside from what is on the surface. She loves to give messages with hidden meaning. And I agree with her, on us being twin.

We always feel the same. And what she meant  by that was, we always got hurt at the same time but cannot let go of that person that we love. Our hearts connect when it hurts.

Hindi na nakapag-antay si Joan ng oras niya. She takes the microphone out of Gia's hand.

"Masyado silang plastik. Ibahin mo ako Ven, alam na alam ko iyang kalingkingan ng utak mo." She begin. "For all the years we shared, the day I saw this thing alam kong ito ang magugustuhan mo. You're easy to read when you're happy so I knew this is the perfect gift I can give. It doesn't cost a million pesos but once you saw this gift, feeling mo nanalo ka sa lotto. Happy Birthday our dear Ven, I can't wait to be part of your entourage in a few more years."

Nagawa pang magbiro ni Joan before handing the microphone to other girls who are about to give the message and gifts.

She's the meanest among us. She will fight for what she believe is right. She doesn't allow anyone a chance to hurt her even a bit. She's the mother of the group and is always ready to scold the three boys for being so naughty.