Chapter 10

"Andito na po tayo, Ma'am."

The taxi driver said as he stop the car. I look around and saw a club in front of me. And when I look at its name, I know it's familiar.

The Secret Place.

People are starting to get in to the club since its already dark. I looked to my watch and it says, 8pm. Mukhang tamang tama ang pagdating ko dahil mukhang babago pa lamang silang nagbubukas.

I paid the taxi driver and get out. I also thanked him for taking me here. After he leaves, I bravely walked inside the club alone.

Wala ako sa sarili ko kanina matapos kong makita sina Justin at Selena.

My mind exploded as if it refuse to function anymore. What I just remember is that, I suddenly saw myself walking away from them. I can't see more of it, hindi ko kinayang panoorin sila ng matagal.

Every move of his lips to hers feels like a torture. Every kiss he's planting to her is like torns inside my heart continue to makes it ache. Every breath they made as they kissed makes me out of breath on my own.

At kung hindi pa ako umalis kaagad, malamang ay hindi ko na mapigilan ang sarili ko na mag-eskandalo. I was teached to have my manners and class wherever I go, so I always remind myself that.

Selena, that girl.

She's not worth my time and anger. I will not waste my sweat and energy just to makes even with her. And aside from that, I have no right to Justin.

I'm not his girlfriend.

Not even the girl he like.

In people's eyes, I am just his special friend which makes the situation worst. Wala naman akong karapatan na magreklamado dahil hindi naman sagutin ni Justin ang damdamin ko.

Maybe one day, if he puts label on our relationship and I have a right for him already, maybe I will fight for him like I should have done from the very start.

"One more, please." I told the bartender as I asked for another margarita drink.

He looked at me as if he's judging me. Maybe because this is my third one and I still look like a minor. I don't care about him though because the only thing that I need right now is alcohol. So that for a while, I can forget all the pain Justin had cause me.

In a quick move, the bartender gave my order and I hold it. I stared at it as if I was imagining that drink as someone else. After the second drink, I already feel dizziness. But no matter how much I drink tonight, I still can't help myself to forget even for a while like what I was expecting.

People around are loud just like the music. There are people who's dancing with strangers they just met while the DJ keep on making the crowd go wild. Some comes in groups which makes the club more crowded. And there few people who just chilling at the bar counter just like me.

Alone and lonely.

"Ven?"

I heard someone calls my name but because I felt dizzy, I don't know if I just misheard it. I continue to drink and ignore it. Until someone with strong hands held my shoulder.

"Ven?" He called again but right now, he's in front of me already. "Why are you here? You're alone?" Isiningkit ko ang aking mga mata at inaaninag kung sino itong lalaki na kumakausap sa akin. "Hey! Are you drunk?" I shrugged my shoulder as an answer. After a few glances, I realizefd that it's Gio.

Of all people I will see tonight. Bakit siya pa na may koneksiyon sa babaeng iyon. What worst could happen?

Ngumiti ako sa kanya at kumaway kunwari.