𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔

𝙎𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝 𝙈𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙝𝙞𝙨, 𝙏𝙚𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙚
𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙑𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙜𝙚 𝘼𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨
♕ 𝗜𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗮 𝗜𝗻𝗶 𝗦𝗲𝗮𝘄𝗼𝗼𝗱 ♕

I sat under Daleel as his father and him talked. I stayed silent because I didn't want any part in any of it and I didn't want to overstep any boundaries. I didn't really like speaking with his father because that was always a sensitive topic for him.

"So, how did the meeting go with Toledo?" He asked looking at Daleel as he rubbed on my left foot. "They offering any money? Anything?"

"They offering a scholarship but I don't wanna go there." He said shaking his head. "I'm not interested at all. I only took the meeting to get other schools interested in me but other than that, I'm good."

He smacked his lips. "That ain't shit. In order for schools to be interested, you need to make them interested Daleel. I'm telling you, this isn't the time to be letting up on nothing."

Dee just huffed and stayed silent. I could tell he was getting irritated because he wasn't trying to let up on his dream but with his father in jail he had to step up and be there for his family. It was hard for him to deal with basketball and his fathers cases and I don't think his father is understanding that.

It's not fair for him to come home and treat my man like this like he hasn't been breaking his back to stay in the gym, tournaments, and etc. and take care of this crunchy ass family.

I didn't say anything I just rolled my eyes and went back to my phone. I didn't want to be disrespectful to anybody's parents because I wasn't that type of girl so I'm not going to say anything because I don't want to make the situation worse.

"I ain't tryna get on you but I'm telling you that this is the time to go the hardest. That's why I'm working so hard and got my lawyers working hard to get my cases dismissed so I can be here full time again." He explained, Dee nodded his head.

"Maybe you should just stop doing dumb shit at 37 and we wouldn't be in this situation at all." Dee replied.

His father eyebrow raised before he leaned forward towards us. "I ain't do no dumb shit. I did what I did for YOU! For this family! And you wanna disrespect me? Me? Nigga, get the fuck out my face."

I was shocked. I never really seen him do all this face to face so I was just a little taken aback by how fast he just flashed out. It was so fast. So sudden. I couldn't believe it. I know my baby embarrassed cause I am and this ain't even my daddy.

"You came in here fuckin with me," He said with a deep frown. "I ain't even say shit to you but the truth."

"You don't respect me as your father that's cool but you don't gotta continuously disrespect me in my face, in my house, and to our family. I don't got time for that shit cause I'll put your ass out and you can go live with your momma." He spat.

"Can't," He said. "They don't allow anybody without criminal charges or a vagina."

I chuckled. That was a good one.

He just shook his head and walked out the room. I knew he didn't know what to say back because I never do whenever he get smart with me. He just sassy as fuck like that. I don't know why but his comebacks be too good that it just leaves you speechless.