43 | after every storm

TW: Very descriptive sexual scenes in the latter part of this chapter. I think it may be the spiciest scene I've ever written. Please feel free to skip if it's too much for you ❤️

Chapter Fourty-Three:

"I was supposed to wear it during the ceremony," Lydia clarified, clipping the trinket onto the lace that shrouded the stem of her wedding bouquet. "So, it would've been like they were with us today, but this moron's time management skills had to ruin it." She glowered at Blaine pointedly.

Blaine rolled his eyes in response. "I'm sorry, the collection address ended up being further away than I thought."

Ria's hand tumbled out from her side, clutching the considerable charm that housed the image of her parents on their own wedding day twenty-seven years earlier. Rayhan was peeking down upon his bride as though she was the single most important person in his life, as though she were innocence personified, utterly incapable of doing any wrong. Ria gulped against a parched throat as she glimpsed up at Blaine. "Was this your idea? The picture charm on the bouquet?"

"Yeah. I just...thought it'd be nice for you." He stated, uncertainty lining his words as he took in her expression. He swiftly corrected himself. "I mean, the both of you." His eyes darted between Ria and Reid. "I'm sorry if I got that wrong."

"No, mate. It's a nice thought. Thank you." Reid clapped him on the back, offering him a slight smile as his eyes remained glued upon the photo. Lydia could discern the thick tension accumulated in the now claustrophobic air, and she hauled the bouquet to her side, out of Reid's eye line. "Whenever I pictured this day, I always thought they'd be here. Both of them, so I appreciate you doing that for us. Especially after—"

"Let's not talk about that right now." Lydia rushed out the words. "Everyone's already gone next door for the reception. So, let's just get these pictures done, and then we join everyone and get the party started, yeah?" She ushered Reid outdoors to where the photographer and videographer awaited.

"Thank you, Blaine," Ria uttered once the couple were out of sight. He ambled behind her, sweeping her thick russet veil of hair to the side, exposing her neck's long, slim descent alongside her golden earrings, which shimmered with each graceful movement.

Today, Ria was proof that all that glitters can indeed be gold. Her plunging, figure-hugging teal dress caught under the light, highlighting how the cloth dripped from her curves like rich, liquid honey. Blaine could envisage how the satin material would spill between his fingers later that night. She released a whimper as she felt his hand rest against the dip of her waist.

"It wasn't only my idea, you know." He whispered, his head descending dangerously close to her exposed neck. A place where her coconut-scented perfume had begun to dissipate, revealing her natural, alluring scent.

"What?" She replied; her eyes, previously closed in anticipation of his lips against her neck, snapped open. He angled her body towards the open double doors leading to the reception room, whereby she saw the familiar girl standing uncomfortably. She donned a light-grey jumpsuit; entirely improper for a wedding but Ria wouldn't hold it against her.

"Indiya misses you. She only came here because she wanted to put things right with you. Why don't you hear her out?"

"I want to talk to you." Ria retaliated. "I need to talk to you."

"We'll have the rest of our lives to talk. I promise." He planted a kiss against her neck. Even the fleeting moment of affection left her dizzy, her vision blurred by an array of stars.

"Five minutes, okay?" She agreed begrudgingly.

"I'll be counting." He chuckled softly against her ear before releasing his grip on her, leaving her feeling denuded in his wake.