Therapy, Shopping, Babies, and Trees

"Knock, knock, bitches!"

I roll my eyes with a smile, ignoring my best friend as she (rather loudly) comes bursting into my house, her voice echoing all the way down the hall and into the kitchen, where I'm currently finishing up my morning coffee.

Scarlett pauses as she enters the room, frowning deeply at me. "Why the hell aren't you dressed yet?"

Chuckling, I glance over at the clock on the kitchen wall before downing the rest of my drink. "I am dressed! I just have to put my shoes on. Also, you're twenty minutes early. Don't get your panties in a bunch, Johansson."

"Whatever. Where's the future wife?"

That earns my best friend a glare as I place the now empty mug into the dishwasher, thankful that Lizzie was actually upstairs and hadn't overheard that comment. "Why are you the way that you are?"

The blonde simply shrugs before opening my fridge and taking out a handful of grapes, popping a few into her mouth. "Because I'm awesome. So where is she?"

"She's upstairs showering. She has her first therapy session today."

Scar raises an eyebrow as she follows me down the hall, leaning against the banister as she watches me slide my boots on. "I thought her first session wasn't until next week?"

I let out a grunt as I stand back up to my full height, grabbing my bag from the spot next to the door. "It was supposed to be, but since we're going out she moved it to today. Hang on."

Without waiting for a response I hurry up the stairs and into the bedroom just as Lizzie is coming out of the bathroom, clad only in an oversized towel that's wrapped around her slim form. I force myself not to stare at all the exposed skin, making sure to keep my eyes on her face as she gives me a small smile. "Scarlett here?"

"Yeah. I was just coming to say bye. You'll text me when you make it to your appointment?"

The brunette nods, disappearing into the closet for a few moments before returning with clothes in hand. "I will. Have fun with Scar, but don't do anything too crazy. I know you just got cleared for normal activity, but I'd like to keep you in one piece, please."

I roll my eyes, leaning against the doorway of our bedroom. "Yes, mom. We're just shopping for presents. I have no plans to do anything crazy. Scar, on the other hand..."

I trail off, both us knowing that the other woman is the very definition of a wild card and more often than not, when the two of us are on our own, she's managed to rope me into some pretty wild things. Lizzie chuckles, dropping her clothes on the bed before closing the distance between us and gripping the front of my shirt, pulling me down so she can kiss me. "I know. We're still decorating the tree when you get back, right?"

Nodding, I duck my head back down to press my lips back to hers, smiling when I feel her lean into the kiss and her grip on my shirt tightens. On top of managing to get cleared to return back to normal by my doctor, I was also cleared for...other things, and we haven't exactly found the time to be together just yet. So moments like these were very much heated, with so many weeks of built up frustration backing it.

"Y/N, let's go! Stop making out with your girlfriend!"

Pulling out of the kiss, I let out a sigh before catching Lizzie's gaze. "Such a cockblock. Or technically a pussyblock, I guess?"

Lizzie lets out a light laugh, giving me one last kiss before gently shoving me out of the bedroom. "Go. Before she comes up here and drags you out of the house. I love you."

Smiling, I start back towards the stairs and the woman waiting on me, knowing that Scarlett would most definitely do just that if I make her wait any longer. "I love you, too!"