6.

A/n: Credits to the idea of how Y/n faces her fears and what she fights goes to Ellierino16

You were next to be teleported into the arena, much to your dismay. You looked around your surroundings trying to see if there was anything that could help you. Finding Manolo's abandoned swords, you picked them up with the intention of using them if need be and then giving them back to him afterwards. You mentally prepared for the worst while Xibalba monologued something to the Sanchezes. You didn't care to listen. If these were to be your last moments alive, you sure as hell weren't gonna go out listening to Xibalba being angsty.

Suddenly a glowing golden beam shot down from the sky and Maria plummeted down with it, screaming. Running forward and sliding on your knees, you caught her with a wink.

"Hola, señorita. Looking fine today."

She snorted and smacked you upside the head. Then she suddenly realized that 1. You were supposed to be dead, 2. She was a skeleton, and 3. You were in a giant arena.

She hugged you tightly and misty eyed. Then she turned to the arena seats and saw the Sanchezes.

"Hola Manolo!"

He smiled back and waved. Xibalba, having enough of the tooth rotting conversation, spoke up.

"Y/n L/n, since you failed to protect Maria in life- OW!"

He was cut off as you threw a stone from the arena at him, hitting his head. La Muerte tried to stifle her giggles, receiving a glare from Xibalba, as the Sanchez family looked to you in surprise.

"YOU KILLED ME, ASSHAT"

He sent you a glare as he rubbed his head before speaking again.

"Ahem, anyways... You will have to protect Maria and defeat all of Chakal's deceased bandits. All. At. Once."

You blinked at him with a blank stare.

"Is that your catchphrase or something man?"

He sent you an unamused look and snapped his fingers, at least a hundred bandits appearing before you. They were all really short and scrawny, resembling the ones you'd seen in the living world. You figured their lack of muscle mass was why they met their demise in battle.

They grinned and chuckled at you evily, some brandishing swords and daggers while others swung maces. Maria was transported, once again, from your side to on the top of a podium of sorts behind you. Well, at least she was safe. Hyperventilating because of the height and lack of railing, but safe. You overheard the Sanchez's murmurs of doubt and worry.

"There's at least a hundred!"

"I can't look."

" *crunch crunch* Mmm, you gotta try one of these churros!"

"....Carmelo-"

You held your swords in front of you in a defensive position, prepared to fight. As you stabbed your way through the crowd, the skeleton Bandits turned into flower petals that scattered on the ground as they were killed...again. Maria started to have enough of just sitting there.

"I'll be damned if I let myself be a damsel in distress."

She slid down the platform, landing next to you. You sent her a disaproving glance before tossing her one of your swords. You kept her slightly behind you as you both fought. Soon the bandits became overwhelming. Maria stood tiredly behind you, panting in exhaustion.

As the bandits surrounded you, you had a plan. Scooping up Maria you gave her a quick hug, before throwing her back onto the platform. You picked up the sword she dropped and eyed the Bandits as they smiled sickly at you. You returned it.

"Let's. Fucking. Dance."

And with that you dove into the crowd, fighting your way through. You could hear the cheers of encouragement from the Sanchezes, as well as screams of fear. Everything became a blur as you fought your way through the crowd.

You were caught off guard as you were hit by a mace, flinging you into the wall of the arena. Manolo and Maria gasped in fear and screamed out to you.

"Y/n!"

"NO"

Miraculously (we all know damn well that by 'miraculously', I mean by the power of plot armor) the only injuries you obtained were a cracked rib or two, but that didn't mean that it didn't hurt like hell. You got back up grasping your side in pain and holding one sword in the other hand. There were only about 50 or so Bandits left at this point. Suddenly you spotted one that had bombs strapped to his chest.

Running through the mob of Bandits, you grabbed the one that had the bombs by his hair, running far away from the mob as they chased after you, not catching up very much because of their short legged stature. You grabbed a nearby rock and lit the bombs, throwing the Bandit back at the mob like a sort of morbid grenade. Once the 'manmade' grenade exploded, all of the Bandits remaining turned into the same petals that Manolo's bull beast turned into. They scattered on the ground, while the blast from the explosion knocked you off your feet and made you skid across the ground a couple yards. As you stood back up, with moderate difficulty, you got tackled into a hug by two people.

Maria and Manolo.

Maria pulled back from the hug and slapped you.

"Don't ever do that again!"

Manolo then also peeled away from the hug, giving you a relieved smile.

You smiled back at both of them, nearly collapsing because you had two fucking broken ribs. They seemed to now grasp the severity of your injuries, Manolo scooping you up bridal style as he and Maria hurriedly brought you to La Muerte.

Your vision blurred, the last thing you saw being Manolo staring at you with a gentle smile. The last thing you heard being him whispering that you'd be okay in your ear-bone-hole-thingy(Idk lmao). The last thing you said being that you trusted him. Then, you passed out.

A/n: So close to the movie part being done, then I can start working on the actual plot. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry if it felt rushed I'm not really good at fight scenes.