7.

You opened your eyes a couple minutes later to a dull pain in your ribs as well as blurry figures standing over you. Blinking the sleep out of your vision, you looked up to see the Sanchez family. Confused, your gaze wandered around your surroundings searching for Maria. Noticing your confusion Manolo spoke up, grabbing your hand and hoisting you onto your feet.

"Maria got sent home. And now, we need to go too."

You nodded with a smile.

"For San Angel."

Xibalba angrily sighed and snapped his fingers, a sparkling golden beam casting down on you and Manolo as you regained your skin and human features. You looked at your hands cheering happily.

"HAHA I HAVE SKIN AGAIN!! YES! Wow that's a weird sentence to-"

Manolo chuckled at you, shutting you up with a caress on the cheek while Carmen fangirl screamed in the background. You turned a red that could rival Manolo's bullfighting cape and your eyes went wide. You looked down at your hand, still holding Manolo's, and then back up to him. He seemed to just now realize what he did, also turning red and looking to the ground.

The ground shook and slowly you both were lifted off of it as you were transported to the living world.

The first thing you saw in the living world was a really ugly, ape-ish giant of a man. What a sight to come back to.

He narrowed his eyes at you and growled. You turned to see Maria, Manolo, and Joaquin reuniting. You exchanged pleasantries before getting ready to fight Chakal. Manolo smirked and stepped up to him.

"My father tells me you hate bullfighters."

Chakal spit, narrowing his eyes.

"I hate everybody."

You handed Manolo a sword and drew another for yourself.

"Well come get some!"

And so, the fight was on. You lost yourself in battle, coming back to your senses when you saw La Muerte, the Candle Maker, and Xibalba. You turned and saw the Sanchez family as well.

La Muerte giggled, speaking.

"It's the Day of the Dead."

Candle Maker interjected.

"And on our day,"

La Muerte and Xibalba finished the sentence.

"We have a certain amount of... leeway."

You charged back into battle, now with the help of the Sanchez family. You, Manolo, Maria, and Joaquin tried to take down Chakal while the Sanchez family focused on the Bandits. Manolo grabbed your hand and out of the corner of your eye you saw Maria dip Joaquin.

"Care to dance?"

You smiled bashfully with a red face.

"I thought you'd never ask."

The 4 of you danced in synch, taking turns beating the shit out of Chakal. This only made him angrier, as he grabbed Maria and started climbing. You panicked.

"FUCK"

Joaquin slapped you on the back of your head.

"This is a kids show!"

"Wait wha-"

Manolo interrupted you.

"C'mon we have to get Maria!"

You all managed to catch Maria as she fell from Chakal's grip, with the help of the Sanchezes. Chakal fell and got his arm trapped under the rubble of the church, unable to flee or fight any longer. You sighed in relief as the town gathered around him. Your relief was soon crushed as he lit the bombs across his chest.

"WHAT THE FUCK DUDE"

"If I'm going down, I'm taking this whole town with me."

You, Joaquin, and Manolo rushed forward trying to get the bell to fall and cover Chakal while simultaneously fighting him off. Maria was held back by her father. As the bombs got closer to blowing, you shoved Joaquin out of the way, smiling solemnly at him. You prepared to live your final seconds. You figured you might as well get your feelings off your chest if you were about to die. You turned to Manolo, trying to help him with the bell. You smiled at him.

"I... I lo-.....*sigh* You are one of my closest friends, Manolo."

You were disappointed. You couldn't bring yourself to say it.

He smiled back at you, kicking the final piece of rubble out of the way and shoving you out from under the bell.

In one last desperate attempt to reach him, you rushed forward. You didn't make it in time, the bell fell to the ground encasing Manolo and Chakal in it. It vibrated as you heard the bombs blow up from the inside.

"NO!"

You sunk to your knees, silent sobs wracking your body. Maria collapsed onto the ground as she cried.

Tears blurred your vision, though you were certain you saw movement from the bell. Looking up you watched as Manolo emerged from under the bell. You rushed toward him and jumped into his arms, still crying. You pulled back and slapped him.

"Don't ever do that again!"

You pulled him back into the hug, pausing when you felt something on his back. Grabbing it and pulling away, you found that it was the medal of everlasting life. Manolo turned to Joaquin in shock.

"You were going to sacrifice yourself?"

Joaquin smiled kindly.

"I figured it was time to be a real hero."

This earned him a kiss on the cheek from Maria. You giggled at the sight of Joaquin practically evaporating.

A/n: THE NEXT CHAPTER STARTS THE ACTUAL PLOTTTTTT AAAAA I'M EXCITED