10.

A/n: I'M ALIVEEEEEEE ENJOY THE NEW CHAPTER

You were now a couple miles away from the town, examining the map.

"Looks like it'll take a week and a half to get to the village."

Exasperated sighs and groans could be heard from the other three. Rolling your eyes, you examinined the area around you. The sun was setting, so you needed a place to set up camp.

You saw many, many miles of desert, a canyon, a very ominous cave in the distance, and a small area of a few trees and brush.

About to tell the others about your find, Joaquin spoke up.

"What about that cave over there in the distance?"

You looked at him incredulously.

"Do you want us to all die?"

He gave you an irritated stare. Rolling your eyes you pointed to the small woodland area.

And so there you were, setting up your tent. Of course Joaquin can't go five seconds without fucking something up, so it was no surprise when he bent down to nail his tent in to the dirt and kicked a flaming twig from the campfire onto yours. You watched as your tent burned to the ground, but luckily you hadn't moved your bag of belongings in there yet.

"GODAMNIT JOAQUIN WHAT THE HELL"

"I'M SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO-"

*WHAM*

Joaquin now has a black eye, and you don't have a place to sleep. Joaquin, Chuy and Maria were sharing a tent, and you were too flustered and stubborn to ask Manolo to share. So, here you are, setting up a sleeping bag on the ground next to the fire.

You were about to say good night to the others and climb into your sleeping bag when something slithered out of it and onto your foot. A snake.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAA"

You punted it. It went flying, hitting Joaquin in the face.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

"HOLD STILL-"

You yank the snake off of Joaquin, throwing it out into the desert somewhere. Joaquin now has a lovely little snake bite (that's luckily not venomous) on his cheek to accompany his black eye. He stares ahead, somewhat angry.

"I have a feeling I'm going to get very injured on this journey."

Maria chuckled. You turned to your sleeping bag, glaring at it.

"Y'know what I'll just sleep in a ball on the ground."

Manolo walked up.

"You can share my tent, Y/n."

You turned, slightly red.

"You sure?"

He nodded, beckoning you to the tent as Maria and Joaquin retired to theirs. You layed down your stuff inside it, trying to sleep as far away from Manolo as you could in the little space you had. Manolo turned over, ready to sleep.

"Goodnight Y/n."

"Night Manolo."

And then you woke up, somehow holding his hand.

A/n: Sorry this chapter is so short and crappy I have to write the journey so the days that they're traveling are gonna be cut short to avoid really lengthy, useless chapters.