My Thoughts Are Killing Me

Ghost wakes you up shaking your arm, "Hey, darlin wake up, I got everything packed and ready to go I just need you," you rub your eyes as soft blue lighting of the dawn fills the room. "Let's go princess, we're ready," You sit up and yawn, "Why are you so excited to go? You normally hate traveling," his eyes formed a slight smile through the mask, "Ask questions after the trip," he slips on your workout shoes, and picks you up carrying you to the car. "I feel like a little kid being half asleep carried to the car," Ghost laughs through his nose, "I always said you were my baby"

Ghost sits you in the passenger seat, "We gotta drive for a bit, the aircraft isn't taking off here," you buckle your seatbelt and plug your phone into the aux cord, Simon smiles as he turns on the car. "Wanna stop and get coffee?" He asks, "Um, excuse me? Is that even a question?" Simon pulls off his mask and kisses you, squeezing your shoulders. You're playing your road-trip playlist, both of you singing along. Simon has learned every word.

You're about 30 minutes out from the base. You grab Simons mask, you see a few tears in the seam, "Awh love, your mask is torn a little," you frown. Simon side eyes you looking at his mask, "Yeah so?" You look at him, and lean close to his ear and whisper, "I dunno about you, but you in this mask really gets to me," Simon rolls his eyes and adjusts his legs. "Y/N shut up I need to focus," he says as his cheeks go bright red. You smile and lay back in your seat. "I'll fix it," he smiles and puts his hand on your thigh. "You always fix me huh?" He says as he grips your thigh. You squirm under his touch, he looks at you and smiles.

You slip his mask on, it smells of musk, sweat, and a touch of his cologne. You look at him, he smiles big. "Oh! Look at you," he grabs your chin, "Wanna be like me huh? I might have to make you your own mask, you look quite good," Your face feels hot under the mask. "Take it off, I hate that I can't see your face," you don't say anything you just narrow your eyes at him and tilt your head. "Don't you start with this I swear to God," you smile a little trying not to show it. Simon break checks and you let out a little scream. "That's what I thought," he grabs the mask off and throws it back on the dashboard. He messes up your hair, "We're turning into each other," he smiles.

You stop and think for a second. He's always been numb, this is the most he's smiled. I don't feel numb. Simon snaps in front of your face. "You alright?" He asks with a very concerned look. "I'm fine, but what you said about us turning into each other, I'm not numb like you were, so how?" Simon grabs your hand and kisses it, "You don't see the things I see in you Y/N, I mean that nicely, but during training I see myself in you," you frown your brows in confusion as the bases gates approach you two.

Simon quickly slips his mask on. Ghost shows shows the guard his ID and you show yours, you're both politely greeted. You and Ghost load everything into the craft, stopping to talk to the pilot and some of the crew. A soldier approaches you, "Are you LT. Y/L/N?" You turn to meet the eyes of a younger soldier. "I am," he salutes you, "I'm Pvt. Adams," he eases and shakes your hand, his hands are still a little soft so he hasn't been here long. "I've heard a lot about you, you're so much prettier in person," you smile, "Thank you! How'd you hear about me?" He nods, "Well our Sargent said you're the first women in Task Force 141 and I think that's absolutely crazy!" He continues talking to you about how long he's been in, but he gets kinda touchy. He would rest his arm on your shoulder since he was taller.

You didn't mind the small talk to keep you occupied till take off, but why his he touching you? "The best thing about this base is this," he slips his hand to your waist, turning you towards the sunlight," The views are amazing. The view consisted of mountains with sun rays gleaming through the peaks, a bright orange and pink tangled together settled in the sky. The clouds were light and spaced out just enough, it seemed almost fake. You take in the warmth on your face, "God this is beautiful," you say as your eyes pan the skyline. Adams runs his hand down your waist and over your hips and you slightly pull away from his touch, suddenly you felt a presence behind you, as quick as the presence came, a hand fell on Adams shoulder. "What we looking at," a rough British voice came through.

Adams jumped and removed his hand off of you. You look over your shoulder and see Ghost glaring at Adams, he had been watching. Ghost pulls you in by putting his arm around your shoulders. "We're about to take off, wanna join us for hot coffee," you exhale seeing your breath, "Sounds good, bye Adams, it was nice meeting you," Ghost walks off with his arm still on you. "Stay away from randoms at this base, they're weird," you giggle, "Tell me about it,"

As you and Ghost sit down with styrofoam cups full of hot coffee, you cross your legs and lean back in your chair,  "I've had to much coffee today, we got iced coffee before this and now I'm drinking coffee that tastes old and reheated," Ghost chuckles, "Well it's something to warm you up," Adams is walking by with a few of his friends, he points at you two. Ghost instantly shifts closer as the approach. "It's the tactile gear Y/N the boys here are going crazy for you," you laugh, "And? I only want you," your grab his chin and kiss him through the mask. His eyes widened. "Y/N- again please?" You kiss him through the mask again. He melts into his chair.

You and Ghost board the aircraft and your saluted by everyone around the base. You and Ghost cuddle up close since the craft is colder than anticipated. Shortly after take off your asleep because of Ghosts warmth.

You wake up to the sound of gunshots, "Fuck were to late," you rush out the aircraft grabbing your M4. Ghost isn't anywhere in sight. The pilot is fighting and so are some soldiers. You instantly join the fight. You take cover behind a crate, you have enemies surrounding your men, you decide to push around to prevent them from attacking your six.

As you turn the corner, sweeping the alley, Ghost is laid against a dumpster gripping his stomach groaning in pain. "You're to late," he says, you collapse and apply pressure on his gunshot wound. "I'm still here Ghost stay with me," you watch as his eyes go lower with every blink. "My mouth is dry," he says softly. "I know, it'll be okay, I'll take care of you," his blood pouring out from his gunshot wound with every breath, "You're getting blood in your lungs we gotta go, can you walk?" You watch his eyes shift and roll back.

Voices start swarming behind you, "Youre always to late," one says, "You'll never be enough," says another, "You couldn't even save your family," you turn around and meet the faces of your family and friends. Your dad was missing half his jaw, your mom had blood dripping down her wrists, your grandpa had an engraved disappointed look on his face, your grandma crying, and your best friend Micheals had blood pouring from his throat.

"I CAN. I TRIED!" You call out as they all step closer. "PLEASE I NEVER WANTED TO LOSE ANY OF YOU GUYS!" They step closer. "IM SORRY!" You scream out. "They can't hear you. They don't care to hear you, we've all heard enough," you hear someone say. Shepard, Laswell, and Soap say from behind you. You're surrounded. "PLEASE- ILL PROVE MYSELF, ONE MORE CHANCE PLEASE," you scream at the top of your lungs.

"PLEASE, I CAN DO IT, I SWEAR IVE BEEN WORKING!" Ghost jumps up out of a dead sleep and wakes you up. "Hey hey hey Y/N what happened?" Your eyes grow wide. You hold Ghost crying. He rocks you and holds you close. "What happened talk to me," he wipes your eyes. "I lost you, I lost everyone. They came back for me, my family, Pvt. Micheals. Shepard was about to kill me when you woke me up. They wouldn't let me breath," Ghost holds you tight trying to hush you. "I'm here now love,"