Night Zero: A Deceptive Calling

It was storming outside that night at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza Place. Inside, children played without a care in the world as the storm raged outside. There was a big box near the entrance that had a present put on it, and the animatronic inside of it was trying to get out. Because its ward was currently outside in the pouring rain.

Charlotte Emily was trapped outside of the pizzeria and was looking at her father's friend, William Afton. He wanted her to follow him, but she was starting to not like where this was going. She wanted to go back into the restaurant and play with the other kids, but William had insisted that it was important.

"Umm... Uncle William?" She asked nervously. "Why are we out in the rain?"

"Look up at the sky, Charlotte." William said. "Doesn't it look like the sky is weeping when it rains like this?"

"Y-Yeah." Charlotte stammered.

"It's much like my heart, you know..." William added. "The day I lost Elizabeth, was the day a part of myself perished as well... It also opened my eyes... Everything we accomplish in this life is meaningless when we die... I... I'm searching for a way to attain immortality. And you will help me, Charlotte."

"Why do you want to live forever?" Charlotte asked. "I don't think I could handle never growing up."

"And I thought children wanted to stay children." William laughed. "I have one thing to ask of you, my dear."

"What?" Charlotte asked, now getting very nervous.

William turned around and what she saw in his hand made Charlotte's blood run cold. He was holding a knife.

"I need you... To die for me." William said sadistically. "It won't hurt for long... I promise you..."

Charlotte bolted when William went to grab her and she pounded on the window, screaming for help. But her cries and pounding were drowned out by the screams of children.

"Naughty girl, Charlotte." William said. "Bad children must be punished..."

"NO! LET ME GO!" Charlotte screamed.

"I'm afraid I can't do that." William replied. "I lost my daughter. It's only fair that Henry lose you."

"PLEASE, UNCLE WILLIAM!" Charlotte cried. "I DON'T WANT TO DIE!"

William kept dragging Charlotte away from the pizzeria, however the Puppet managed to break out of its box and left the pizzeria to chase after her. The rain made it short out a bit as it flew after its charge, following it's programming to protect her, but the further it got, the more its systems short circuited and by the end it was dragging itself across the ground trying to find Charlotte. And find her it did.

Charlotte lay in the alleyway in a pool of her own blood, lifeless from her injuries, which included a stab wound in her chest and a slit throat.

The Puppet crawled over to the corpse of its charge and when it finally shut down as its systems finally succumbed to water damage, it embraced her, comforting her. Its mask had changed and it looked like it was crying as its eyes reactivated as Charlotte's soul possessed it.

That was how Lefty returned from beyond. It hated the rain. It reminded her of that time when Charlotte died. When it died. The storm had gotten worse and it had noticed that Leo had been trying to keep the Mangle plushie he had from getting wet. It offered to store the toy inside itself to keep it dry, which the withered wolf reluctantly agreed to.

The trio of Lefty, Leo and Burntrap were moving in the shadows, avoiding humans as best they could. Though it had taken them a few days, they had almost made it to their destination. Burntrap led the group, not really caring about the storm. His tattered suit was soaked and his skeleton was drenched, but he moved with a purpose. He wasn't going to stop until he finally beat his brother.