Night One: Getting Started

Opening a restaurant that had been shut down for four decades was a tough thing to do, but for Michael Afton, it was the right thing to do. He knew of course that this job wasn't meant for him, but it had arrived at his porch, so he checked it out. It was a Fazbear Entertainment franchise package, with everything he needed to get started. So he got started.

He picked the location where it would be built and spent a good deal of money getting it built. One nice thing about Hurricane, Utah was its large population which would attract more customers as well. And when the work crews were done building the restaurant, he placed a sign saying Grand Re-Opening on it and went inside.

It was sparse sure, but he was just starting out. Of course, he would need some characters to attract people and who better to take the stage first than Freddy Fazbear himself. Michael had thankfully built some animatronics when the place was being built. They were the newest iterations of Freddy, Bonnie, Chica and Foxy. They were the Rockstar animatronics, and Freddy would be the first to take the stage.

As he got the bear set on the stage, he knew that one bear alone does not a band make, so he ordered a bigger stage which thankfully he had the cash for and had Rockstar Bonnie and Rockstar Chica join Rockstar Freddy on stage. He smiles under his mask as the band was almost back together again. All that was missing was Rockstar Foxy.

He made sure to place entertainment around the area, and taking safety into account, placed safety straps on the activities that needed them as well as put in some first aid stations to help treat any injuries.

All in all, he was pleased with what he had accomplished today, and went to his office as the restaurant officially opened to the public.

While his customers enjoyed themselves, Michael did some work getting things in order for the following morning. This included ordering cutlery and pizza boxes, printing fliers, and unclogging toilets. He noticed his computer and the ventilation system were pretty damn loud. So loud in fact that he couldn't hear himself think sometimes.

So with the money he had left over, he bought stuff to make his desktop a bit quieter. Ordering things and hiring handymen made those near silent, but the printer though not as loud as before was still loud.

But soon enough he was ready to log off and he left, being told about a big party on Saturday. He figured it was meant for a guest. But when he stepped outside into the back alley, he knew then and there what the 'party' was being thrown for.

Dragging the mess of wires that was Molten Freddy into the room was an ordeal, but Michael had managed to do it. He saw a tape player and pressed play, hearing what sounded like the voice of Henry Emily, the CEO and founder of Fazbear Entertainment Inc., and the owner of Fredbear's Family Diner. It seemed he had come out of hiding.

[Congratulations on completing your first day. However your job isn't over just yet. There is one more aspect to your end of day routine. And that is inspecting and salvaging any animatronics found in the alley outside the back door.

Things are found there quite often, and while we aren't sure why, what we do know, is that they can be used for parts - which can mean a much needed revenue boost before starting your next day. Of course, as with everything in this line of work, those benefits come with risk. The safest thing to do would be to throw it back outside, but then, you get no money from the salvage. Choose to keep it, and you run the risk of certain negative consequences. Namely, death, should the item in question not be as docile as it first appeared.

If you do decide to try and salvage it, then you must complete the maintenance checklist. During this testing phase, check on the animatronic frequently. If you feel that it is becoming unstable, use the taser provided to you. You can use it three times without damaging the hardware. Every use over three however, will decrease the item's salvage value.

Before you is an animatronic found in the back alleyway. We are... unsure of its origins. It is your job to complete the maintenance checklist before claiming it as salvage-or, if you choose to, you can throw it back into the alley where you found it, and forfeit payment. Please make your choice now.]

Michael looked at Molten Freddy then to himself. He was no stranger to death. By all accounts, he should have died when he was scooped back in Circus Baby's Pizza World. With his mind made up, he pressed play on the tape player.

[You have chosen to proceed with the maintenance checklist. Remember, use your company issued taser to return the animatronic to a neutral state if you feel that it is becoming unstable or aggressive. You can only use it three times before it begins to damage the animatronic and decrease its value.]

[Begin audio prompt in 3, 2, 1.]

A low warbling noise began to play as Michael observed the mess of wires that was Molten Freddy. The noise soon stopped.

[Document results.]

Michael checked on unsure, then looked up and saw that Freddy had visibly moved and was looking at him.

[Begin audio prompt in 3, 2, 1.]

A second noise was played, this one having a faint melody behind the warbling, and though it lasted longer it stopped soon after.

[Document results.]

Michael checked no, and saw Freddy about to attack so, he shocked him with his taser which returned him to his original state. He had two more uses left.

[Begin audio prompt in 3, 2, 1.]

Another noise was played and once again, it was mostly warbles and it played for a while before stopping.

[Document results.]

Michael checked no once again, and saw that Freddy thankfully hadn't moved this time. He was ready for when he did though.

[Begin audio prompt in 3, 2, 1.]

It was now the fourth sound, and the melody was once again in the background of the warbles. This one was over in less than five seconds.

[Document results.]

Michael checked no, but saw Freddy raring for an attack again, so he shocked him again making docile once more. One use left.

[Begin audio prompt in 3, 2, 1.]

The final noise was just the melody and Michael found himself almost getting lost in it. It continued for almost a full minute before it stopped.

[Document results.]

Michael checked the final box and placed the clipboard down.

[You have completed the maintenance checklist, and may proceed with the salvage. Well done. End tape.]

"Than-an-anks for letting me join the pa-pa-party. I'll try not to disappoint..." Molten Freddy said quietly.

And there we go! This was a decently long chapter, over a thousand words. In case it wasn't clear, this was a flashback because Freddy and Afton were both in the pizzeria before Leo, Burntrap and Lefty arrived, so this chapter showed how Molten Freddy got there and the next one will show how Afton got there. As always, comment, rate, and leave advice so I can improve. Night Two will be out later today!