𓄳 𖥔˙̣ ﹆hot and a gentleman﹆˙̣𖥔 𓄳

SEASON 1 EPISODE 2
HOT AND A GENTLEMAN

"you are my church, you are my place of worship"

    "Dustin. who is she?"

I felt steve's eyes on me, warm and brown. heat crept up my cheeks as I saw him talking to the younger boy. they exchanged a few words before steve started frantically fixing his hair. strange.

"what is he doing?" max gave an exasperated sigh as she watched steve and dustin's excited movements.

"yeah... what is he doing? el?" I turned to the group but they too were watch the two, apparently just as confused as me.

"oh no. oh no!" max sighed and put her hands on her forehead.

"dear god..." lucas sighed and looked down.

"what? what is it?" I nervously looked between the two kids.

"it's steve. he's gonna try his non-existent charm on you cuz you're stunning," max explained as steve began sauntering over with dustin. max and el were clearly done with steve's actions despite him not even having reached the group.

"oh- ok-..." I blushed a little at the thought of someone flirting with me.

"hey guys! and hellooo misses," a lisped voice distracted me from max. the boy with curly hair and baseball cap stood before me. "the name's dustin. henderson. but enough about me. may I introduce a very good friend of mine, mr steve harrington!"

"dustin. shut up!" mike raised his eyebrows at dustin. I looked to where dustin was gesturing with both hands.

"hi!" steve smiled awkwardly and raised both hands to wave, before realising his mistake and abruptly moving one back down to his side as he turned pink. I laughed a little and greeted him in return, raising both hands in a jazz-hands-like-wave to mimic him. I watched him turn redder and scratch the back of his neck while he laughed a little. his smile and laugh warmed my heart and awoke butterflies in my stomach. he stuck his hand out towards me. "erm, I'm steve harrington. as.. dustin said..."

"y/n hopper. nice to meet you," I took his hand in a handshake. his hand was warm and slightly clammy. nervous? he kept his gentle grip on my hand slightly longer than a normal handshake lasts before quickly pulling away as if realising his mistake. out of the corner of my eye, I saw max and el share a cheeky look.

"let's go inside! I wanna beat max's score again!" dustin cried before skipping inside, followed by the rest of the young teens while max and el protested and denied dustin's statement. I looked to steve and he gestured dramatically for me to go first. I giggled and walked after my sister and her friends.

steve fell into step beside me and glanced to me.

"sooo... are you enjoying hawkins so far?" steve asked.

"well, i've only been here about an hour, but it's nice!" I said with a smile.

"wait, only an hour?" steve whipped his head towards me.

"yeah, I arrived at 1:00 and it's now 2:35 which actually makes it an hour and half, and five minutes!" I explained as steve stepped forwards to open the door of the arcade for me. "thank you!"