𓄳 𖥔˙̣ ﹆game-fated lovers﹆˙̣𖥔 𓄳

SEASON 1 EPISODE 4
GAME-FATED LOVERS

"When I got court, I hope that you're the verdict"

   "What are you gonna wear?" el kicked her feet as she lay on her stomach on her bed. it was friday evening and steve had invited you to carol perkins's birthday party. he told me it was a chance to 'branch out into hawkins's youth', I told him that sounded pedophillic. but I agreed to go, nonetheless.

upon meeting carol perkins, she had squealed in delight to hear that I was coming to her party, hugged me tight and informed me to bring a swimsuit.

"how 'bout this?" I held up my {insert colour} {swimsuit/bikini} "with this over it." I pointed at my {outfit choice} which was delicately laid out on my bed.

"you'll look great! steve will swoon," el assured.

"el! give it up! it isn't happening!" I laughed at her persistence. she let out a displeased 'hmph' at my answer. "right, I'm gonna get ready cuz steve's gonna pick me up in a bit. get out so I can change." I ushered el out and began changing.

as I began my makeup, I heard,

"y/n! steve's here!" dad banged his fist on my door.

"come in!" I called, turning my mascara wand back to my lashes as steve tentatively poked his head around the door. "you can come in, I'm not changing." I giggled at him.

"wow, you were right... your room is pretty," steve looked around in wonder. he was wearing blue swimming trunks and a black shirt.

"you remember that? that was like, almost two weeks ago!" I smiled at him. he took a seat on my bed and watched me through my mirror. the arrangement of our room had my desk on the wall adjacent to my bed, so my back was to steve.

"ya know it's a pool party right?" steve smirked at me.

"every girl wears makeup to a party, pool or not. and if it is a pool party, we still put on makeup and wholesomely laugh at each other when our makeup runs," I explained as I finished my look off with a {lipstick colour} {matte/glossy} lip. "besides, it's all waterproof! apart from the foundation and lip, but people will barely tell when it comes off."

"weirdos," steve laughed. "right, ready to go?"

"yup!" we walked out of my open door towards the front of the house. "bye, el! bye, dad! see ya later!"

"bye, you two! steve, have her back by twelve, no later or i'll frame you for murder." dad warned as he pointed his finger at steve.

"who's murder???" I asked incredulously.

"who's d'ya think?" he turned his finger onto me.

"right, we're leaving! see ya at twelve, guys!" I grabbed steve's hand and raced out the door to save the two of us from any more threats.

"if she comes home with a hangover, you're both dead!" dad called after us.

we ran to steve's car laughing before realising we were still holding hands. "oh, sorry!"

I let go of his hand and blushed. I noticed his cheeks were also red, along with the tips of his ears. we each climbed into our respective sides of the car as steve started the engine and drove off.