𓄳 𖥔˙̣ ﹆the olive theory﹆˙̣𖥔 𓄳

SEASON 1 EPISODE 3
THE OLIVE THEORY

"I heard you're the plug, can I be the circuit"

   The week that followed that church service was exhausting. seeing as dad was at work and el was at school during the day, I spent my time officially unpacking my belongings. I moved all my boxes from the main living space to el's and my shared bedroom. from there, I spent the next five days building and arranging shelves, organising possessions and deciding with el how to decorate our room. on the tuesday, i met up with el and her friends at starcourt mall, but steve had fallen ill and didn't come. I will admit, I was a little bit saddened by that fact — the fact that i had nobody my age around to talk with, that is. by friday, I was absolutely hanging.

"our room looks so pretty now!" el lay beside me on my bed as we looked up at the fairy lights I had hung.

"almost as gorgeous as you," I smiled and poked her side. she squirmed and squealed at the ticklish sensation.

"do you like steve?" el turned to me, an excited look on her face.

"I don't know! I just met him," I laughed at her strange question. "he's cute, though."

"so you like steve?" el reiterated her question as she excitedly propped herself up on her arm.

"I don't know, el! mind your business," I jokingly poked her side again and watched her laugh.

"we all think that you two would be cute," she said.

"we? who's we?" I laughed.

"me, max, mike, will, dustin and lucas! and erica." el listed the people on her fingers. "and robin!"

"who are these other people, el?" I asked with fake despair.

"my friends!"

"oooh, you're popular!"

"girls, dinner!" dad called from the kitchen.

"c'mon!" I rolled off of the bed and pulled el up by her hand, tucking her under my arm and walking to the kitchen with her.

***

on saturday, el decided she wanted to get her hair done. so dad gave me his keys and some money to go take her while he had his deputy chief help him with fixing the fridge.

"el, let's move it!" I called as I heard a knock on the door.

"y/n can you get that?" I looked over to dad who had emerged from under the fridge. his hands were filthy with lord knows whatever was grime and gunk had accumulated under that thing, so I took the courtesy of opening the door for him.

there stood a young man, around the same height as dad and no younger than twenty six. he wore a grey jumper with the sleeves rolled up and straight legged dark blue jeans.

"hi, I'm james. is your dad home?" the man smiled at me and I looked over my shoulder and called for dad before inviting him in.

"james, get over here I need your help. y/n, this is my deputy, james addaway. james, y/n. my daughter," dad gestured a dirty hand between the two of us.