𓄳 𖥔˙̣ ﹆super-awesome-movie night/sleepover﹆˙̣𖥔 𓄳

SEASON 1 EPISODE 5
SUPER-AWESOME-MOVIE NIGHT/SLEEPOVER

"When you're around, my insides turn inverted"

After my new-found crush on steve, I had decided to keep my distance a little. I was a jumble of nerves around him and the fact that he was such a nice guy didn't help. this, spoiler alert, failed.

I ended up completely embarrassing myself. a lot. like when I tripped over my own feet trying to hurry past him and out of our slightly awkward conversation towards el and fell flat on my face right in front of him and the party. luckily, or not so luckily depending on how you look at it, he knew first aid, so he was able to treat my bleeding nose; but it meant spending more time in close proximity which resulted in red faces and stolen glances.

I was doing my best - which, in all honesty, looked like my worst - to avoid him which was stupidly by sticking with el a lot.

I was taking el to starcourt after school to meet the party and had gone inside with her to make sure she got to them. el had told me that everyone had agreed to meet up at scoops, ahoy!, so that's where we went.

inside of scoops, I noticed a table of middle school boys, around el's age, maybe a bit older, as we walked in, their eyes glued onto us.

"do you know those kids, el?" I whispered to her.

"yes. they are bullies. not friends." she whispered warningly.

"ok, noted." el walked up to the counter where a girl with short, brown hair stood. I watched as el rang the bell three times. "el, give her a sec!"

but the girl turned around with a concerned look.

"hey, el," she muttered while scanning the shop floor. "yeah, I see them. come on through."

she held the back door open for el and I to walk through. inside was steve sat at a table.

"oh! hey, guys!" he sat up and smiled brightly.

"hey, steve," we said.

"hi, I'm robin. I'm friends with el!" the girl smiled and stuck her hand out to me.

"y/n. el's sister," I returned her smile and accepted her hand shake. this town loved to shake hands...

"so, what was that ringing about?" i asked robin.

"our secret code. three rings means that whoever it is from the party isn't comfortable sitting on the main floor so we let them come back here!" robin explained.

"uh huh... hey, el?"

"mhm?" she was sat on the table in the middle of the room beside steve.

"are those kids bullying you?" I took a protective stance and watched as she shifted in her seat. steve nodded at me in answer to my question.

"do not speak to them! if you do, it will be bad." el said warningly. suddenly, the bell rang repeatedly from outside.

"that'll be your other kids, dingus. COMING!" robin rolled her eyes and walked out.