11

"So, please tell me everything about you," Francis smiled. He had taken me out to eat at this Italian place, and I was really happy seeing that they served alcohol. I didn't have money, but Francis was nice enough to pay for me. I told him that I would pay him back. "There isn't much to tell, honestly. I don't have kids or a significant other; my brothers live in a different city than me, so I hardly see them, and I bury my head in my work, and because of it...I don't really do many fun things..."

Wait a minute...my life sounds really sad.

"I had been working on this project for months, so when I accomplished my goal, it was the most happiest I had ever felt in a long time..." I spoke. I looked at him sadly, and he reached for my hand. "Ah, I'm sure your life is about to get exciting," he smiled.

"I doubt that! I'm already twenty-eight, and I think it might be too late to do all those things. Have a family and get married...I think it's too late..." I spoke. He shook his head at me and came closer. "I doubt that! I think you just haven't met the person you are supposed to be with yet, and I'm sure she will be a lucky girl!"

Definitely not a girl...whether I've met them yet, I guess I'm not entirely sure. "Thank you, and honestly, I thought you were super annoying when I met you in the future, but I think that all of it makes sense..." I spoke. He continued to hold my hand and smile at me lovingly. That's when it suddenly hit me.

Wait a minute...

If I'm meeting him now, shouldn't he...

"Speaking of that! You keep mentioning future me and how you don't know me, and we weren't friends...but how could that be? I mean, I'm meeting you now, right? Don't you think it's odd that future me didn't recognize you? I mean, I even have pictures of you..." he spoke. He began to think about the exact thing I was thinking about.

He was right! Future him, he acted like we didn't know each other.

That's when I remembered the first time we ran into each other. Francis saw me coming out of that building, and I think he recognized me. However, he only said, "Hey, you!" But that doesn't prove anything. "What is it?" Francis asked.

Then the second time I ran into him...he wasn't shocked that I was from the future. Then he kept trying to get me to stay with him, like...like he didn't want me to travel back in time. But why?

"What was I like in the future?" He asked. I snapped out of my thoughts and smiled at him. Why did he try to stop me? And why didn't he say anything to me? What would have happened if I didn't go? Would my future have been changed? But what about him?

"Ah... well, when I saw you, the very first time... I think you might have recognized me..." I spoke. He looked at me, shocked. "What? Why didn't I say anything?" He asked. I looked at him horrified and shrugged. "I don't know..."

I looked past him, and that's when something caught my eye. It was those men... I had this terrible feeling in my stomach, and I pulled my bag out in front of him. "What is it?" He asked. I began to go through my bag, and I couldn't find the other quantum chip.

WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?

"What is it? Spit it out!" Francis demanded. However, I didn't say anything. "The quantum chip...the extra I brought...it's gone..." I shivered.

I then got more nervous as I looked past him. Those men who attacked me were still there. They didn't see me yet, but I knew this was bad news. "What does that mean?" He asked. I shook my head at him in response. "Not good," I whispered. He finally moved his hand away from me and continued to watch those men.

They were looking around, probably looking for me.

I nearly jumped out of my seat as I saw those men face us, but I quickly turned my head. I could sense they were starting to come our way, so I did the next best thing possible. "Are you okay?" Francis asked.

"Forgive me..."

"What? What are you talk—"

I grabbed Francis, placing my hand on his nape. He looked shocked, and I pulled him in for a kiss. At first, he tried to get away from me, but I held him still so he wouldn't move. I had begun kissing him and would peek behind him to see if those men had left. "Mmm?! What are you—"

"Shut up and kiss me back!" I threatened. He jumped at what I said and stopped moving. In turn, he began to kiss me back, and I watched past him till those men left. They briefly looked at us, but of course, they made a disgusted face from the PDA and Immediately turned away, leaving.

Once the men finally left, I separated from Francis and pushed him away. His face was shocked and reddened, but I didn't care much about it. I just saved our skin. "Why the hell would you do that?" He asked. I began to gather my things and shook my head. "I had to; they found me; that means they have my blueprints and somehow made a duplicate and are now looking for me! Which means we need to leave right now!" I demanded. I stood up from my seat and pulled him up.

"I'm serious! We need to go now!" I said again. He looked very confused and nervous but nodded in agreement. "Okay! Let me go pay real quick, and we can go somewhere to talk about this!" He spoke. I nodded at what he said and watched as he fixed himself.

Watching him leave, I rubbed my cheeks to feel them. My face felt hot, and I was sure I had gotten red. I knew that the kiss might not have been the best option, but it was the only thing I could think of at the moment. Besides! I doubt he cared too much! It was just a silly kiss!

A very long...silly kiss...

Yup! Silly, silly!