17

"What is...invention for one hundred..."

"Brave of you for taking those on...Francis would not be able to survive!"

"Just show the question..."

"Right...It's an easy one! How did you fix The immortal condition of Francis? Can you think of anything?"

What? That was impossible to figure out! "What is..." what could it be? I'm not sure yet...Francis said it was a magical spell...he was not specific about what happened. Yet, Alfred said he was the one who did it by accident. Alfred doesn't have powers...but he has technology. Maybe he had a piece of technology he thought could stop it. Yet it didn't...that means he had something that did it to him...

Crap...what could it be? Where would he get that kind of device?

No...I know...it was probably me...but why would I have something that could make him stop aging? How was that possible? "We are waiting..." Alfred spoke. What if I created a way to turn it on and off? Like a switch.

To do that...

He would need something like on-hand...but it was the past, and he wouldn't have something like that. I would have needed to create something connected to him...something strong enough to affect the past. I would have had to use...organic material...

Organic...like something...like his brain or heart...that would be crazy! Only ...a desperate person would resort to that...Francis was desperate to be normal.

"What is...an organic temporal connection...created through organic material...it would be strong enough to be used on any time frame...because it would only affect the state of him...but...it is a temporary stage...unless...someone turned it off..."

"WOW! You figured that out within seconds! That is so amazing! For once, I'm impressed to be your son! So that's what I did...I turned it off in the past...I guess I should turn it back on... amazing..." Alfred spoke. He smiled at me, but I couldn't help but feel nervous. Francis looked at me in amazement again and looked at Alfred, determined.

"What is...past for two hundred..."

"Eager are we? Trying to impress your dear husband? Funny..."

"Just show the questions!"

"Anxious...I like it!...would all of this have been prevented if Arthur had given the device to Matthew?" He spoke. That question was ridiculous...it wouldn't have stopped anything...I would have still eventually traveled to the past.

Francis looked at me, and I looked back at him. I slightly shook my head, and his eyes widened. "NO CHEATING!" Alfred yelled. He clicked a button, and within seconds, it shocked the two of us. "This is a very simple game with simple rules! Stop trying to cheat!" He demanded.

I breathed out and looked down at my legs in shock. They felt numb. "I don't feel good..." Francis spoke. I heard him begin to puke, and I shut my eyes. I felt tears running down my face listening to his gag. "Gross...the two of you are pathetic..."Alfred spoke.

Where is Matthew? Shouldn't he be here?

"NEXT! ARTHUR, YOUR TURN!"

"What is...truth...for one hundred..." I looked up at him, and he looked like he was trying not to laugh. "This is an easy one...Do you love Francis?" He asked. My eyes widened, and I looked at him, annoyed. He was messing with us...he was trying to humiliate us. Like he was trying to make sure we regret meeting each other.

Well...I wasn't going to give in.

If the man beside me was destined to be my husband...then that means I love him for a reason! Maybe not yet, but I will...it will happen. "It would be sad if you do...two selfish people...falling for each other...Actually! No! I was wrong; the two of you deserve each other..."

"WHAT IS! I DO! I LOVE HIM!" I shouted. Francis looked at me horrified, and Alfred lifted a brow. "Gross!" He mocked. He clicked the button, and I felt the pain flow through me again. "I wasn't lying!" I shouted. Well...not entirely...

I cared about Francis...I genuinely enjoyed our time together and wanted to ensure he was safe. I kissed him...and liked it. He had a special place in my heart, whether I wanted to realize it or not. "I know...but it's gross," he spoke.

"Let's skip the last question! And leave it up to Arthur!" Alfred smiled. He tossed the controller on the floor and approached us. "What?" I asked.

"Two straightforward options...you will either...leave...only you, no Francis...or...you will build me a new watch that has a memory eraser, and you and Francis will go for free...but enjoy your time together because it will be changing very soon..."

He was crazy! Those were impossible options...

I looked at Francis, and he looked terrified...I knew I couldn't leave him alone...I had no choice but to build what he wanted.

"I—....."

!CRASH!

"What the hell?!"

All of us turned to the crash noise that came from out of the room. Alfred turned his head, annoyed, and smiled. "Looks like my dear brother is joining the family reunion...excuse me for a moment..." he smiled. He began to walk away, and I quickly tried to gather my head space. "Arthur? What are we going to do?" Francis whispered as Alfred left the room.

"Leave it to me..." I spoke.

"On-hand....pull up..." I tried to think. "Electrical framework of the building..." I spoke. My vision was blurred with it, and I began to look for the room we were in. "God, I love technology," I smiled. "Hurry! Before he comes back!" Francis spoke.

"Shut off the power..." I spoke.

"Why didn't you do that earlier?"

"He was right there..." I spoke, annoyed. The power went off, and in turn, the metal parts that were holding us down opened up. "We need to go now!" I demanded. We both stood up in unison, and Francis would have nearly fallen to the floor if I didn't quickly catch him. "Watch where you're walking," I laughed. He rolled his eyes at me and followed behind me as I quickly looked for my watch. "Where will we go?" He asked.

"I'm not sure, but somewhere it will buy us some time!" I spoke. It was dark, but I managed to find the watch and opening a portal. "Come on...we have to go through it!" I spoke. "What? Are you sure I can?" He asked, worried. I nodded at him and reached my hand out to him to grab.

As he looked at me, the door opened, and Alfred was standing there in shock. "Wait! Don't go!" Matthew suddenly appeared. "Francis, let's go!" I spoke. He looked back at me, worried but nodded in agreement. Francis took my hand, and I pulled him into the portal.