14

As I walked through the portal, I could see it was nighttime. "Francis?" I called out. This was probably a few hours after I first left. It means I was missing for a few hours, not days. "Francis?" I called again. There was no answer, though.

"This was a good guess, but I can't believe I was right!" I froze in place, hearing the familiar voice. I turned around quickly, and Alfred was standing there with a huge grin. "Where is he?" I asked. Alfred approached me, slapping my back and placing his arm around me. "As usual...you only care about your dear old Francis. Do you know how frustrating it is for Matthew and me?" he asked. He began to pull me, but I was even more confused now.

"Did you do something to him?" I asked. I pushed him away, and he began to roll his eyes. "Already tried that, and look how that ended up!" he spoke. He pointed to himself, but that answer did not explain much. "Are you trying to say that you are stuck because you tried to do something to him?"

"Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding! You got the right answer! I realize that is only because dear brother visited you! Thinking I would not know...what an idiot! Always taking your side! You would think he would try and help me get home, but no! he only wanted to warn you!"

"What? If it is the watch you want, then you can have it! I can always build another one!" I spoke. He crossed his arms, looked at me, and shook his head. "I know you can build another one, but that is not exactly what I want you to do!" He spoke. I looked at him, confused, and he tried to come toward me again.

"You are a smart person...but I was hoping you could make something that would erase memories..."

I looked at him horrified and tried to move away. "Why? I would not be able to do that if I wanted to..."

"You will...if you want to see your soon-to-be husband at the future wedding..." He spoke. My eyes widened, and I felt speechless. "What? I'm not seeing..."

"Don't be an idiot! Do I need to spell it out for you?" He asked, annoyed. I jumped at what he said and glared. "If you think I will willingly go with you, you are stupid! I can easily leave right now!" I spoke. He looked at me unamused and shrugged. "Figured you would say that..." he spoke. He began to rumage through his pockets and took out a small controller-like object.

I looked at him, confused, and without warning, he clicked. Nothing happened at first, but within seconds, a Piercing pain rushed through my veins.

"AHHHHH!"

I fell to the ground holding myself, and I could feel the after-effects of the feeling. "Will you come now?" he asked with a smile. I held my arms close to my chest and tried to breathe from the feelings. "What was....that?" I spoke, out of breath. He looked at his remote, then back at me. "This? Ah, I placed it on you right now; neat, right? It sends electrical waves into your veins! And that's not even the best part!" he laughed.

I continued to breathe heavily, and he began to adjust it. "I can change the setting..." He laughed. He pressed the button again, and it felt like my legs were being ripped from my torso. I would rather tear off my skin than feel the pain I was feeling at the moment.

I began to scream and groan in pain, and I could hear his laugh. He had stopped pushing the button, but I felt paralyzed...like I was going to faint. "Ah, you must be feeling paralyzed, huh? Don't worry, that will wear off soon; just take a nice long nap," he spoke.

"But...Francis..."

"Don't worry...he will be where we are going..."

~

.

.

.

I kept hearing...

That familiar song...

.

.

.

"Wakey, Wakey! It's game time!"

My eyes widened, and everything came back to me. The song playing in the background sounded familiar because it was the Jeopardy song. My eyes were still having difficulty focusing, but I had the feeling back in my body. And what I felt were my arms and legs being tired down.

"Please! See if he is okay!" I heard. It was Francis. I tried to blink my eyes and felt someone brag on my face, flashing a light in my eye. My eyes finally focused, and I felt frozen as I saw him. Did I pass out? for how long? "Your dear husband is fine, don't worry," Alfred spoke. The Jeopardy music was still playing, and for some reason, it was making me anxious.

I looked around me, and not to my surprise, Francis was here and in the same tied-up position as I was in. "Why do you keep calling him my husband? We aren't together!" Francis spoke. Alfred rolled his eyes at him and walked in front of this big screen.

"Not yet...but the two of you will be...in another few years..."

"What?!" Francis and I spoke in unison. Alfred rolled his eyes at us again and began to take out some things. As if he was getting ready to do something. "I am not my brother...I will spoil the future with ease..." he spoke. What could we have done to him to have made him do this? "Don't look at me that way...This music will put you at ease..." Alfred smiled.

It was eery and unnerving having to go through this. "Oh, come on! You love Jeopardy! You always watched it while you were working! Remember? Well, now you will get the chance to play a real-life game! With a few tricks, though..." he giggled. I could only stare at him, horrified. "Why?" I asked. "Patience! That is what you always told me growing up! I will get to it! Let me prepare everything before dear brother comes...which he will, and I will be waiting for him..." His smile was evil like he was plotting to kill his brother. He wouldn't...right?