Part 5

the two fairies flew out of town and to the outskirts of the fairy king's forest, they landed in a beautifully set up dinner picnic in the middle of a clover field. the location would seem odd to others but for harlequin, it was the most romantic and love-filled place for the two. Hellen's eyes lit up at the display and just how pretty the location was in the now-setting sun, the pale orange light bounced off the leaves of each clover making them almost glow. "you did this?" "I did was it overkill?" the king next to him was actually nervous, rubbing the back of his neck and mindlessly giggling, it was cute in a way. Hellen shook his head and sat down patting the spot next to him for harlequin. "you know never in my life did I think me of all people a lowly inn worker would ever be on a date with the king of the fairies himself!" he laughed out but he wasn't wrong with the memory loss helbram would believe he was just that an inn worker and not the best friend and first love of the king in front of him.

"Funny you say that because I know that's wrong." "What?" "I know who you used to be and your father wanted me to help unlock your old memories for you." Hellen was in shock he thought he was actually interested in him, not his memories. he looked down ashamed for ever thinking such a silly thing. "let me guess she told you my backstory and it sounds like someone you know?" he looked up at the smiling king confused as to why he was so happy about this. "yes but you said you might fly away if I said anything more about it" that's when it clicked harlequin was talking about helbram, Hellen sighed "all right go ahead I won't fly away" this made the king's smile grow.

"ok, where do I start... well first off you and me had been best friends for decades ever since we were little actually" "wait for hod up I was your childhood friend?" "you and we used to come to this very clover field to play and forget about our struggles for some time, but then that all changed." his tone lowered showing this topic was a bit touchy "you got obsessed with humans and then they turned on you and a handful of other fairies that followed you in that made you hate the humans and slo-" "enough!! if you want me to remember so badly why are you just sitting there" Hellen stood up with a hand out to harlequin. "you said this was technically our safe place right? well, let's have some fun then instead of listening to your rambamimg" the comment was a tad rude but the other didn't mind, he took Hellen's hand got up, and spun him as if dancing.

"We used to do this too everyone wanted to dance with me at our festivals but I only wanted to dance with you so we came out here for it" Hellen blushed but leaned into this getting a small bit of memory back already. "then lets dance" he chuckled pulling Harley off the picnic area and into the clovers. the two danced with no music only their reckless giggling and laughter filling the air of the empty field around them, they were enjoying themselves and it felt like nirvana just having his old friend back in his arms. out of nowhere, Harley put Hellen into a spin dipping him down there was a strange silence before the two burst out laughing when Hellen stopped he put a little kiss on the king's nose. "I might not remember much right now but id doesn't remember you were important to me harlequin" he smiled both starting back up straight now.

"I have one more thing to remind you about"