|9| Why the hell are you on my couch?

GWT READY FOR... FLUFFY CHAPTER!!! THEY INTERACT IN A CUTE WAY!!
i originally made them fight again but i felt this went better with the storyline i had in plan
check bottom for picture notes

------

Japan.

The last thing America expected once he got to his apartment was Japan. On his couch. Russia, too.

Well, Russia wasn't on his couch, just leaning against it.

"Ame. Oh my God, Ame." Japan turned her head towards America. She had bags under her eyes and wasn't wearing her usual kimono. Her hair was down, too, a rare sight to see.

"...Japan, why the hell are you on my couch? And why is..." The US motioned towards Russia.

"Japan saw tveet on tvitter, something like video of you and United Kingdom arrrguing." Russia didn't even look at America. He just typed away on his phone.

"...And why are you here."

Japan shot up. "When I went to your room to check on you, Russia was here. He hasn't told me why yet."

Russia quickly put his phone down and turned his head from America, like he was hiding something. "I vas‐ I just-" He cleared his throat. "Yourrr doorrr vas unlocked and I had something I needed to tell you."

"Yeah, okay, why didn't you just text me?" America asked.

"Maybe bekause I don't have yourrr numberrr dumbass." Russia went back to typing on his phone.

"Oh, yeah," The USA glanced towards Japan. "You said there was a video? On Twitter? Of me? And the UK?"

"Yeah! It was so worrying. I swear, I've seen it so many times I can quote it word for word. The way you said," Japan cleared her throat, preparing her best Ame-Impression (TM). "'Am I suddenly not family now?' Gave me chills."

America groaned and hid his embarrassed expression with his hands. "Japan..."

"Okay, okay, sorry. But still, are you okay? It's like two in the morning."

"...I'm alright, just a little tired, is all," The US lied. "I forgot to call the states today, but I'm sure New York is up at this time."

Russia looked up from his phone after the first sentence, giving America a knowing gaze, then going back to his phone.

"Ame, just go to sleep now. You said you're tired, so go to bed." Japan sighed.

"Only after you leave. I do not want to be in the same area as you after what happened last time."

Japan froze and quickly got up from the couch and left with a, "Bye!".

One down, one to go.

"Russia, why are you even here?"

"..."

"Russia, you--"

"Neverrrmind американский, it is pointless." Russia interrupted.

"You waited in my apartment just to say nevermind?" USA sighed. "Just tell me. It's not going to end the world."

"It might."

"What does that even mean?"

"Have you everrr hearrrd of joke, американский?"

"Didn't think you were capable of it. You seem more like an empty shell with no humor whatsoever."

"Not like you arrre betterrr."

"Please," America smirked. "I am very funny."

"Who told you zat? Yourrr mommy?" Russia had a light smile on his face. It was nice seeing something other than anger or apathy.

"No. Just--Just listen to one of my jokes, okay?"

"...Fine." Russia looked up at America, and the latter froze up on the spot. He quickly shook it off.

"Okay, two fish are in a tank,"

"Veirrrd."

"One says to the other, 'Do you know how to drive this thing?'"

Russia stared at him, probably thinking it over. He blinked and then hid his smile by looking down. "Zat vas... horrrible." He said, before letting out a very quiet laugh.

"Are you laughing? Did I just make Russia laugh?" America grinned.

Russia brought his hands to his face, still looking down. "You'rrre so dumb, американский."

"Say that to my 300 iq."

'Zat's not even possible." The Russian looked back up at him, revealing a faint smile.

"Wow." The American stared. Russia looks so relaxed. He hadn't seen the other smile like that. No hidden stress or emotions were on Russia's face. No grimaces or hidden thoughts.

Of course, he had seen Russia smile before (only like once, but never at him) , but this was different. His eyebrows weren't furrowed like they usually were. His jaw wasn't clenched either. America decided he liked it like this a lot more. "You should smile more."

Russia choked, "V-vhat?".

America looked away. He did not mean to say that, but hey, no backing out now. "You have a nice smile. A lot better than Canada's. Canada's smile looks like a blobfish."

"Rrreally?"

"Yeah, it's so stupid--"

"Not zat, about... having nice smile."

"Oh, uh, yeah..." America felt himself heat up. Did he actually think that?

"..."

"...Sorry."

"I should be leaving soon, almost 3." Russia awkwardly looked to his side, where nothing particularly was.

"Yeah, right. I-I--" America internally screamed at himself for stuttering. "I need to go to sleep soon, I don't even know if we have anything going on for tomorrow."

"I don't zink so. Either vay everrryone needs rrrest."

"Oh, yeah," The USA laughed slightly, and Russia met him with a confused glance, like he wasn't making a joke.

Russia sighed while getting up from the couch. He made his way over to the door before giving a quick "Пока*," and leaving.

(*: quick way of saying bye in russian,,, informal)

That could have gone worse. The US thought to himself

------

i blame the time it took to post this on eli:
she took so much time thinking of what to draw and then she scrapped like half of them.
edenns my new main artist now #sorrynotsorryeli #suckmydick

(967 words)