Ep1 ~ P2

Y/n's pov

Ethan opened the doors that led outside.

"Welcome to the quad," I said, gesturing to the outside area.

"It's a pentagon," Wednesday said flatly.

"The snarky Goth guy thing might have worked at normie school," Ethan said. "But it's not going to work here."

"Why don't we give you a wiki on Nevermore's social scene," I interrupted. I could tell Ethan was getting annoyed by Wednesday. I don't why, Wednesday seems like a nice person. We turned to the right and walked down the undercover hallway.

"I'm not interested in participating in tribal adolescent clichés," Wednesday stated.

"Well, then use it to fill your obviously bottomless pit of disdain," Ethan suggested. We continued to walk around the quad. A blonde girl suddenly popped up behind me.

"Howdy roomie!" she said, giving me a hug from behind.

"Hi Enid," I replied. Enid looked at Wednesday and then at Ethan.

"Is that Ethan's roomie?" she whispered in my ear. I nodded.

"Wednesday, this is my roommate Enid Sinclair," I said, gesturing to Enid.

"Welcome to Nevermore!" Enid goes to hug Wednesday but he steps back.

"He's not a hugger," I tell her. Enid lets her arms fall back down to her side.

"Oh sorry," she apologized. We were all silent for a moment.

"As I was saying, there are a variety of outcasts here, but the four main ones are Fangs, Furs, Stoners, and Scales," I said, breaking the silence. We walked past a table full of students wearing sunglasses. "Those are Fangs or vampires." I pointed to the table.

"Some of them have literally been here for decades," Enid added. "That bunch of knuckleheads are Furs, AKA werewolves. Like me!" The Furs howl at Enid.

"Full moons can get really loud around here," I said.

"That's when Furs wolf out. You should pick up some noise-canceling headphones." Enid suggested.

"I'm assuming Scales are sirens?" Wednesday said. We stop walking and watch the Sirens. I smiled.

"Yes. You catch on quick." I point to a girl sitting on the fountain. "That girl over there is Bianca Barclay. She is the closest thing Nevermore has to royalty." Bianca dips her hand into the fountain. Scales appear on her hand.

"Although her crown has been slipping lately." Ethan chimed in. Behind the fountain was a boy painting on the wall.

"She used to date our resident tortured artist, Xavier Thorpe. He's a good friend of mine." As if on cue Xavier turned around. "They broke up at the beginning of the semester."

"Reason unknown," Enid added. Ethan stood beside me watching Wednesday's every move. I glanced over at him.

"Fascinating," Wednesday sarcastically replied.

"I know right!" Enid exclaimed, completely missing Wednesday's sarcasm.

"Enid's vlog is, like, the number one source for Nevermore gossip. It's a great way to know what happens every day." I said.

"Yo, Ethan!" Ajax, Enid's crush/Ethan's friend said. Enid, Ethan, and I turned around. Wednesday standing by a pillar.

"Hey, Ajax." Ethan greeted.

"You're not gonna believe the stuff I heard about your new roommate." Ajax blurted. "He eats human flesh. Totally chowed down on that kid he murdered. You better watch your back." I pursed my lips and grabbed the sleeve of Wednesday's uniform, pulling him into Ajax's view.

"Quite the contrary," he said. "I actually filet the bodies of my victims, then feed them to my menagerie of pets." I looked at Wednesday concerned. Ajax's eyes widened.

"Ajax, this is my new roommate, Wednesday," Ethan tells his friend.

"Whoa. You're in black and white.' Ajax gaped looking Wednesday up and down. "Like a living Instagram filter," he added. I rolled my eyes.

"Ignore him. Gorgons spend way too much time getting stoned." Enid pushed Ajax away.

"He's cute but clueless."

"Very clueless," I added. Enid shot me a look.

"What? He kinda is," I defended.

"There wasn't much online about you," Enid remarked. She gasps. "You should really get on Insta, Snapchat, and Tiktok."

"Enid, not everything is about social media." I sighed. "Let him breathe."

"I think he's doing just fine," Ethan said, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"I find social media to be a soul-sucking video of meaningless affirmation," Wednesday stated. He turned around and left us in the dust.