Ep2 ~ P1

Y/n's pov

"How could you miss a dead body?" Wednesday asked. Sheriff Galpin had just returned from searching the woods for Rowan's corpse.

"Cause it wasn't there." Sheriff Galpin answered.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"No footprints, no blood, no sign of a struggle. Nothing, nada. My search party looked all night."

"Well, your search party must have their seeing-eye dogs at home," Wednesday said. Principal Weems passed us as we turned the corner to the stairs.

"Wednesday and I saw that monster kill Rowan right in front of us," I explained.

"Did you get a good look at this monster thing?" Sheriff Galpin asked.

"Well..." I started.

"It didn't stick around for a chat." Wednesday interrupted.

"Maybe it was one of your classmates." Sheriff Galpin suggested. Principal Weems turned around.

"Sheriff, I find that question offensive."

"Well, I don't care, 'cause I've got three other dead bodies in the morgue." Sheriff Galpin said. "Hikers just ripped apart in the woods."

"The mayor said those were bear attacks." Principal Weems said.

"Well, the mayor and I disagree on that." Wednesday and I looked back and forth between the two adults as they argued.

"So you automatically assume a Nevermore student is the murderer, even though there's no evidence a crime was even committed."

"I'm sorry. I forgot, you only teach the good outcasts here, right?" Principal Weems exhales before opening the door to her office. She gestured to the two seats in front of her desk. I take a seat in one while Wednesday and Sheriff Galpin continue to stand. Principal Weems took a seat at her desk.

"My guess is Rowan ran away," she said. "State troopers have put out an alert, and I've contacted his family, but they haven't heard from him either."

"Probably 'cause he's dead," I mutter to myself.

"Dead people are notoriously bad at returning calls," Wednesday said.

"What were you doing out in the woods with him, Mr. Addams, and Ms. L/n?" Sheriff Galpin took a seat in the empty chair.

"I heard a noise in the forest and went to go investigate," Wednesday said. "Y/n came with me. That's when we stumbled upon the attack."

"Then what happened?"

"We ran into Bianca Barclay and told her to go get help. We went back to Nevermore once help arrived," I said. "That's all."

"And just to be clear, this monster wasn't a bear or some other wild animal?"

"I've hibernated with grizzlies," Wednesday said. "I know the difference." My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Who in their right mind would hibernate with bears, but I mean it would probably be comfortable.

"Thank you, Sheriff." Principal Weems stood up. "I think Mr. Addams and Ms. L/n are done now."

"Actually, we would like to speak to Sheriff Galpin. Alone." Wednesday said.

"I'm not sure I can allow that." Principal Weems replied.

"I'm sure I could take them to the station and get a formal statement." Sheriff Galpin thought for a moment. "Yeah let's go." He got up from his chair.

"Wait what?' I got up from my chair as well.

"Fine. You have five minutes, and everything is off the record." Principal Weems walked closer to us. "Play nice... or I will call the mayor." She turned and left her office.

"Someone is trying to cover up Rowan's murder." Wednesday right after the door closed. "That's the only reason to scrub the crime scene."

"That doesn't make sense but..." Sheriff Galpin cut me off.

"Is that your professional opinion as the son of a murderer?"

"My father's twice the man you are, and the only thing he murders is the occasional opera in the shower." Wednesday retorted.

"Addams It's been a long night. I'm tired of your games."

"We're not playing games though," I said.

"I'm telling the truth," Wednesday said. "You want to reject my claims but you can't."

"Why is that?" Sheriff Galpin asked. Wednesday looked him dead in the eye.

"Because you and I both know there's a monster out there. And Rowan is his latest victim." The door opened.

"Sheriff?" Sheriff Galpin's assistant said. "You're gonna want to see this." My eyes widened in shock when the other side of the door opened to reveal Rowan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First chapter for episode two! Thank you all for all the reads, views, and amazing comments. I love reading your comments.

Lizzy out 😊