Ep1 ~ P3

Y/n's pov

I blinked in confusion as Wednesday left us. Did I say something wrong? Ethan must have said something. I briskly walked back to my dorm room. When I entered the room, I sat down at my desk and began to work on some homework. I decided to listen to some music to help me work. I put in some headphones and listened to my favorite song. I didn't hear Enid enter the room shortly after I started my homework. She tapped my shoulder. I took out my headphones.

"What?" I asked. Enid smiled.

"Well, what do you think?"

"What do I think about what?" I questioned. Enid playfully rolled her eyes.

"Ethan's roommate, Wednesday." My brows furrowed.

"What about him?"

"Any thoughts about him," Enid said. "I think he's kinda cute. Too bad he's not my type."

"I mean sure he's somewhat attractive but I'm not looking for a relationship right now." I paused. "What do you mean, not your type? He's not your type 'cause he's cute but not clueless?"

"Why don't you want a relationship?" Enid said, ignoring my question. "I bet there are tons of boys wanting to date you. I mean look at you! You're pretty, smart, semi-popular, kind, and everything a guy could want." Enid leaned on my desk. I sighed.

"Thank you Enid but I don't have the time for dating." I looked at the time. "I gotta go. I told Ethan that I would watch him fence." I cleaned up my desk a bit before leaving my dorm.

💀💀💀

I pushed open the doors to the fencing room. The sound of the blades clashing together filled my ears. I saw Ethan and came up behind him. Engulfing him in a large hug.

"Hi," I said happily, "I made it."

"Hey sis," Ethan greeted. I placed Ethan's helmet over his head.

"Beautiful!" I exclaimed, staring at the lopsided helmet. Ethan fixed his helmet with a chuckle. He then started fencing. I sat to the side watching. I've never really liked fencing. It just seems exhausting. I preferred to use a bow and arrow or my abilities even though sometimes I can't control them. The doors opened once again. Wednesday walked in wearing a black fencing suit. To be honest he looked good in it. The boy fencing with Bianca fell down with a grunt.

"Coach, Coach, she tripped me." Rowan panted. I rolled my eyes. Knowing that Bianca didn't trip him.

"It was a clean strike, Rowan." Coach replied.

"Maybe if you whined less and practiced more, you wouldn't suck," Bianca said. "Seriously, Coach, when am I gonna get real competition? Anyone else want to challenge me?" she added to no one in particular. Wednesday stood behind her.

"I do," he answered. Bianca turned around and smirked.

"Oh, you must be the psychopath they let in." My eyes narrowed. Sure he was a bit weird but I wouldn't call him a psychopath. At least not yet. Just because he almost killed someone doesn't make him a psychopath. I almost accidentally killed someone but no one goes around calling me a psychopath. But I guess no one knows about that.

"You must be the self-appointed Queen Bee." Wednesday retorted. "Interesting thing about bees. Pull out their stingers, and they drop dead." Bianca's smirk slowly disappeared. I held in a laugh as some fencers oohed at Wednesday's comment.

"Rowan doesn't need you to come to his defense" Bianca replied. "He's not helpless, he's just lazy."

"Are we going to do this or not?" Wednesday said flatly. Wednesday and Bianca got into their positions at each end of the mat.

"En garde," Coach said. The two put their masks on their faces and raised their fencing blades. Bianca took the first strike and then another. Wednesday blocked both. Wednesday then took his first strike. They both went back and forth striking and defending. I watched intensely as the match went on. After quite a few strikes Wednesday struck his first point.

"Point to Wednesday." Coach said. Wednesday and Bianca got back into position. Wednesday was the first to strike this time. Within a matter of seconds, Bianca scored a point.

"The score is even," Coach announced. Wednesday and Bianca took off their masks.

"The first point was clearly beginner's luck." Bianca smiled, "Let's finish this." The two circled around each other for a second before Wednesday spoke.

"For the last point, I would like to invoke a military challenge," he said. "No masks. No tips." Some of the fencers oohed at the idea. I purse my lips. Someone could easily get hurt. Perhaps badly. Wednesday walked back to his starting place and turned around.

"Winner draws first blood," Wednesday added. This sounds like a stupid challenge. Bianca made a funny noise.

"It's your decision, Bianca." Coach stated. Bianca tilted her head to the side.

"Let's see if you bleed in black and white," she taunted, tossing her helmet to the side. The two charge at each other once again. Wednesday added some spins to his attacks. Bianca grunted. I bit my lip in anticipation. I was so distracted by the duel I didn't notice that Ethan had left. Until he returned.

"What's going on?" he whispered in my ear.

"They're obviously having a tea party," I said sarcastically. Ethan smiled at my response and turned to watch the duel. Wednesday tried to nick Bianca's leg but she dodged it. Bianca kicked Wednesday's hand causing him to grunt.

Taking this moment of vulnerability Bianca went in for an attack but he blocked in just in time. Bianca then goes to attack from behind. Wednesday blocked it by reaching his hands behind his head with his fencing sword, pulling her sword forward.

This action brought Bianca to her knees. Bianca swings her sword. Wednesday kicked her hand away and did an aerial to dodge another of Bianca's attacks. Bianca lunged forward, did a spin, and sliced Wednesday's forehead. She pointed her blade at Wednesday as he touched his forehead to check for blood. Wednesday looks at his finger and then at Bianca.

"Your face finally got that splash of color it so desperately needed," Bianca smirked as blood slowly dripped down Wednesday's face. I bit my lip again. Everyone slowly left the fencing room. I went up to Wednesday.

"Are you ok?" I asked. My hands reached up and brushed his dark bangs away to look at his cut. Wednesday grabs my wrists and removes them from his face. His hands linger on my wrist before letting go, looking down at the ground to hide his face from me.

"I'm fine," he said bitterly. I sighed.

"Come on... Let's go to the infirmary."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry that took so long. I had finals last week so that messed my schedule up. 

That's all

Lizzy out 😊