8-Are You in my Heart?

'Just tell me that you are not being polite'

'Of course not!' The song is really amazing. I've been binge-listening' Pooja marvels. 'There aren't many fusion versions of this song. It's going to be this big hit. I can almost see the "million views" announcement already!'

Rahul smiles as he turns the car to the right at the junction. His sister, Namita, sitting beside him, is dressed exactly like Pooja, who is in the back seat.

'Nimmi, what's the plan after the shoot? Why don't you guys come home?' Pooja asks.

'Oh, I'm meeting my boyfriend for dinner after this,' Nimmi smiles casually, looking up from her phone.

Wow. Hardly eighteen and she already has a boyfriend, Pooja thinks dolefully, sinking a little lower in her seat. Great.

It is only when the car halts, she gets down, and looks up, that she receives the shock. Her first impulse is to turn her back and run far away. Or just disappear into thin air. But she stands still, staring at the big signboard, open-mouthed.

'Come in' says Dhruva at the door.

So, she walks with uncertain steps into the Rolls n' Cream restaurant.

'Should we really shoot here?' she asks once they are inside, which makes Rahul look at her in surprise.

'What's wrong with this place?'

'Nothing' she says quickly. 'But... you know, I went to this nice art academy the other day. It was really good. We can shoot there! I can get permission. Or Nimmi, your dance school too! I'm sure even that will be good'

'Pooja, we need a western vibe setting. This place is the best, and it was real-easy to obtain permission, got it in a jiffy! Why are you hyperventilating?' Rahul asks.

The place is perfect, she has to admit. Beautiful during the daytime as well. Its eastern wall has arched openings spilling into the outdoor seating part, with cobblestone flooring, bright red patio umbrellas, complete with Jacaranda trees, and wicket fencing along the edges. Rahul is keen on getting some vital lines in this area.

Okay, he owns this place, but he won't actually come here regularly. I suppose. I hope. He would have an office, maybe, surely, for administration. He'll be there, at his desk. Relax. It's all fine.

***

'The step starts like this... and like this' Pooja says, as she explains the dance step to the blonde cameraman ten minutes later, with Namita on her side. As Pooja twirls around, swaying her arms, she collides with Phelan, who has to hold her shoulders with his strong arms to steady her from stumbling.

'Woah...watch out' he tells her, voice rich and velvety.

He is here, she thinks wildly. He is here. He is very much here. The white-rose-giving dhokebaaz. Her rosed cheeks turn even rosier.

Phelan, on the other hand, doesn't want to (surprisingly) let her go. He runs his thumbs slowly over her goosebumpy arm, gazing at her intently. She is looking....different today. With a multicolored flowing long skirt, makeup, and a large red dot on her forehead.

'What's the nice smell?' he asks her. 'Is it perfume?'

'No, it's jasmine flowers on my hair. And Nimmi's' she says in a trance.

Nimmi eyes them with wide-eyed wonder.

'Hey' Rahul appears by their side.

Phelan reluctantly lets her go, blinking.

'Hey' he clasps his hands with Rahul.

'Oh. My. God' Namitha slides next to Pooja and whispers. 'He's hot'