Chapter 1 - The Littlest Vet Out There

Hey, all! Yep, another Elvis fanfic. They're my jam. In this one, I went a little crazy. So, before, I wrote a story about Elvis falling in love with a young woman seven inches taller than him. In this one, it's a young woman over two feet shorter than him. We will see what happens. Enjoy!

~ ~ ~

This wide-open field would soon be a fair ground. Well, a fair ground that would be used as a set. It was called Crafts 20 Big Shows, and we would borrow it from a guy named Mike Cartel. I stood on the edge of it near the road with my manager Colonel Tom Parker and the film director John Rich. We were literally in the middle of nowhere in the countryside outside of LA. It was mid-February, and filming for my sixteenth film Roustabout would officially start in two weeks, once the carnival was set up. Honestly, I couldn't wait to act in a film that took place at a carnival. I told the press that it was a dream come true to act on such a set since I loved those kinds of places. And, since my manager originally worked in a carnival, he would be contributing to this film quite a lot. That was where he first found me—at a carnival.

It would be extremely nostalgic, being on a carnival set. I really couldn't wait to get started.

"I see the smile on your face, Elvis," said John, a middle-aged man who resembled my father in appearance a tad, as he was looking over at me. "I'm glad that you're excited about this."

"Yeah, you bet I am. It's gonna be great, jumpin' into scenes that I saw back when you first found me, Colonel."

"And that's the reason why I'm here," he said in his accent and walked more into the dirt field. "Now, I'll tell you how this place should be set up so it's realistic."

The Colonel went on about where certain attractions would go, what rides to put in, what kinds of people to put in as well. I knew just as well as him, and John knew it, too, that this was a carnival that was already put together, but he wanted to make sure that there was everything that had to be seen, mainly the carnies, or the unique people. The casting director, as well as John, had been working on finding the right people. From what I heard, so far, there was a man who could eat a piece of meat when it was still on fire, a man who could swallow swords, jugglers, clowns, a fat lady, a tall guy who was a whole head taller than me, as well as a short man who wasn't even four feet tall but was a full-grown man. I honestly couldn't wait to meet those people.

"And you need a fortune teller," the Colonel added. "No carnival would be carnival without one."

"Already found," John assured him. "Trust me, Colonel, we have everything and everyone we need. It's going to be like an actual carnival since it is an actual carnival."

"And good thing it is. It wouldn't be realistic if it wasn't a real carnival."

"There are gonna be animals, right?" I asked, hopeful. I loved animals. They almost rivaled my love of cars and women. Well, I loved women more than any of those things.

"Of course!" my manager boomed. "There are going to be dogs, elephants, monkeys, horses..."

I grinned. I loved monkeys, horses and dogs. I had plenty of dogs in the past ten years, and I had a spider monkey named Jayhew back in 1956, and a few years ago, I adopted Scatter, a chimp. What wild guys those were. Laughingly, people complained about Scatter causing problems whenever people visited Graceland.

An elephant, though... that would be something else. I had only seen those in zoos and behind a gate.

"These animals will all have trainers, and there will be a vet on the premises whenever she's needed," John told us. "Every little thing has been taken care of, Colonel, rest assured. Now, Elvis, you mentioned that you wanted to do your own stunts in the fight scene and on the motorcycle."