Chapter 13 - Something Overdue & Steamy

Thank you all so much for the reads! I hope you enjoy the rest of the story! There's only a chapter left after this one!

~ ~ ~

"Oh my goodness, this isn't good..."

In the privacy of my office, with the door shut, I read the morning paper the day after my very emotional time on the set, where Elvis and I feuded in front of some people, and later, I heard him passionately express his feelings for me. The article basically said that the relationship between Elvis and his "new little vet friend" was more than what was initially thought.

Mr. Elvis Presley has romantic feelings for the vet Dr. Shannon Comm who most people think is a child due to her small child-like stature, but is really twenty-four years of age, I read silently for the dozenth time. While filming a musical number for Presley's current film "Roustabout," the two were heard backstage to the set arguing, or more accurately, having a lover's spat. Presley, seriously, and in front of a dozen crew and others, informed Miss Comm that he does not care that people would think him a child predator if they were to start a relationship, that she was more to him than the other women in his life, regardless of her size. Miss Comm was quoted, 'Then break up with them for me! If you're really that serious about me and won't be swayed by what people will think of you with a woman the size of an eight-year-old, then break up with them.' Presley had nothing to say following as the little miss left his presence with a young woman who is her younger sister but is normal height. To state the obvious, there is more to the relationship between Presley and his new little vet friend than was initially thought.

"This is so horrible..." I muttered as I sat there at my desk, hand on my forehead and staring at the article that thankfully didn't a have a picture to go along with it. "Maybe I should've never said yes to Mr. Rich when he asked me to be a part of Roustabout."

But then I wouldn't have had the experiences of being on a film set or meeting my favorite star... and having a romance with him. That notion was farthest from my mind when I started all this. I just thought I would meet him and do a scene with him and that was that. Only in my dreams was I involved with him.

"I'm famous for my height and age, and now, it's this. There's no turning back. People will see me as the miniature woman who has something going on with the world-famous Elvis Presley."

I glanced at the little clock on the wall. I had appointments, a full row of them until the end of my shift. In fact, all my vet assistants had a full book of appointments today as well. My popularity sure gave this little vet more business, and I was even scheduled to do a few zoo visits in the coming weeks. My initial plan worked, so at least one good thing came out of all this chaos. That, and finding a man who was crazy about me and didn't care about my height, and thought it was what made me me. "You wouldn't be the woman I'm nuts about," he told me.

"I guess we'll see what comes of this," I said and let out a breath in exasperation. I stood up and went out into the lobby area. There were three people sitting there, all women in their twenties and holding their pet. The women saw me, and two that were sitting next to each other whispered. I put my hands into my white vet coat pockets and turned around as Glenda pushed my clipboard to me.

"Hey," she said. "So, you read the article, huh?"

"Yes, and... I'm not exactly sure what to do about it."

"I say run into that sexy man's arms!" called one of the clients, and I turned to face the two women on my left, and the one who spoke held a bright orange tabby on her lap. "You're insane if you don't do that. I mean, c'mon, who cares if there are other women? Go to the man if he's crazy about you and he doesn't care that you're small."