Chapter 14 - A Little Lady and a Big Star

Little snores escaped her, and I found that absolutely adorable. The dogs were snoozing, too, as we all sat there on the sofa. Well, the dogs were sprawled out, and little Sandy was snuggled against Lila's chest. I pet Lila's head, and she didn't wake up. I looked over at Shannon as her head rested just below my shoulder. I smirked in an adoring way as I gazed down at her blonde head since I couldn't see her face.

We had talked for a little while as we sipped lemonade after that steamy kissing session in the kitchen area. We agreed that the first person to be hounded by the press would reveal our relationship. I had a feeling that it would be me since I was hounded by the press everywhere I went.

I was thrilled that Shannon got passed her fears and agreed to try this out. Honestly, she was desperate to be in a relationship with me, but she didn't want to people to call me names. Well, people would, and that was something that we just had to deal with.

Shannon shifted a little, and I saw her look up at me with her big blue eyes. "Hi," I said.

"Hey." She leaned off of me and stretched her arms. "Goodness, how long was I out?"

"Maybe half-an-hour."

Her pretty little features contorted in guilt. "I'm sorry. I've been so bushed, physically and emotionally. It feels as if my body's drained, and it's only seven o'clock."

"You want me to go so you can go to bed early?"

She took hold of my arm as she leaned against me. "No. I don't want you to go anywhere."

I pulled my arm out of her grasp and wrapped my arm around her. I kissed the top of her head. "I don't wanna go anywhere, either," I said against her hair that smelled of her nice perfume and shampoo.

I leaned my cheek on the top of her head, and we sat there like that for a little while. I thought about the picture in my pocket. Now that we were a thing, it would be safe to show her. I used my free hand to reach inside my pocket and pull it out. Shannon watched me do so curiously.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"I wanna show ya somethin'."

I gave her the picture and she looked at it. She sat up straight, her eyes wide while looking at the picture. They shifted to me, then back at the picture. "When did you take this?"

"That day on the side of the road when you were watchin' me do that motorcycle scene. Remember, I got gash on my forehead?"

She rose her free hand and touched my bandage that was still there. "Of course I do. But how did you get this picture?"

"Some kid among the bystanders had a camera and I asked 'im if I could take a picture with it. So, I took one of you as you were talkin' to a lady. I just wanted somethin' to look at when you weren't around. Like when I was talkin' with ya on the phone that time, I was lookin' at that picture."

She continued to look at it. "I... actually look good in this."

"Psht, you kiddin'? You're beautiful in it. You're always beautiful, Shannon."

She smiled as blush appeared on her cheeks. She looked up at me. "And you're the most handsome man I've ever seen in person or anywhere else."

I lifted her chin, leaned down, and kissed her sweet, soft lips, but only for a couple of seconds. "Thanks," I said near her mouth. "So... I hope we can last."

"I hope that, too, but you never know. People will talk..."

"So what? If they have qualms about us, then that's their problem."

"I just hope you're not permanently slandered for the rest of your life."

I smirked as my thumb traced her lips. "Well, if I am, it's for a good reason." I leaned in and kissed her again. "I love you, Shannon."