Chapter 6 - A Friendly Phone Call

So, Elvis actually did get stitches in the making of this movie, but he got them when he convinced John Rich to do his own stunt work in a fight scene, not a motorcycle accident. I just changed things up. (He actually did do his own stunt work with the motorcycle, too.) It just seems like the cut in the movie came from the motorcycle accident when it actually came from a fight scene. So, that bandage you see on Elvis when he walks through the carnival for the first time, it's actually covering a wound in real life.

 So, that bandage you see on Elvis when he walks through the carnival for the first time, it's actually covering a wound in real life

~ ~ ~

"Let me see that, Shannon! Hand it over!"

My younger sister Donna, who was the bigger version of me with long blonde hair and similar features, grabbed the handkerchief from my hand as we both sat on my bed in my little studio apartment that night, and after she showed up after I called her to talk to her about my day. She came over here as fast as possible since she lived in town. Her big blue eyes stared at the handkerchief as she saw what was written on the white material.

"Oh my heavens, you cannot ever wash this. It has his signature and phone number on it! Elvis Presley gave you his phone number!"

I took it back from her. "I'm well-aware, Donna."

"He definitely has feelings for you. You told me that you two shared a couple magical moments."

I placed the handkerchief on my bedside table, folded neatly with his name visible, and I took a pink pillow and hugged it as I sat there in my light-purple nightgown that I bought in the children's section of the department store. "They were magical to me, not to him."

"And how do you know that, huh? He did tell you that you looked really pretty today."

"Elvis is known to be a good person, so he was just being nice. He's probably like that with all his fans."

"Psht," she scoffed. "He was flirting with you. C'mon. You may be the height of a child, but you most certainly are not a child. You are a pretty young women with a cute little curvy body that he, I am sure, has noticed. He's a man! How could he not, especially when he picked you up for that scene the other day, huh? And you're a working woman who loves animals. Elvis can't resist all that, I'm sure of it."

Lila hopped on the bed and lay down between us as we faced each other. I pet her head. "Well... normal-sized men don't like me."

Donna's blue eyes flamed. "Hey, not every guy is that jerk who cheated on you, okay? You can't assume that about every normal-sized guy. I've told you this a million times already."

"I just don't want to get my hopes up. It's hard to find love when you're a person like me. For you, it's simple. You're a normal woman. I bet if Elvis met you, he would fall head over heels in love with you."

She took my hand as I had my gaze down on Lila, and she stopped me from petting her. I looked up at my very pretty sister. "Hey, that's never going to happen, okay? Right now, he's hooked on you. Just give yourself the benefit of a doubt."