Chapter 9 - A Small Visit to a Huge Set Lot

I don't mean to dampen the mood here, but... I just read the news about Lisa Marie's passing on 1/12/23. That's so sad. Our prayers and love go out to the Presley family. Now, Lisa is with her father and her son 💙💜

~ ~ ~

Someone ran into my apartment the next evening and pounced on my bed as I was sitting there, staring at a poster of Elvis from his last film Viva Las Vegas. That man on that poster, the man who I only dreamed of meeting since 1955, the man who was the desire of almost every woman in the country, the man who drew people in with his sultry voice and charm...

That man kissed me. And I kissed him back. At twilight. Was this real?

"Hello!" Donna hollered, waving a hand in front of my face. "Are you in there?"

I snapped out of it and met gazes with my sister as her long blonde hair framed her face. "What?"

"I've been saying your name for the past several seconds, and you didn't hear me at all. I don't think you even noticed me come in. You're completely distracted because of what's been going on with you and Elvis. The whole country knows your story, and Mom and Dad are up the wall."

"Naturally," I said as I still gazed at the poster. "I just can't believe it happened."

"You're telling me. First the press says horrible stuff about you, and then they try to rip you apart on the street. They would've done that if Elvis hadn't come in and saved the day."

I still stared at his handsome face on the poster. "That's not what I mean."

Her brows creased in confusion. "Then what do you mean?"

For the next few minutes, I told her about what unfolded in the exam room, what he told me not to do, but I did it anyway. "I totally went against what he advised, and he got so upset with me. Well, I got upset with him, too, since he couldn't see that I really wanted this."

"Or wanted him. That's most of the reason why you went to the set."

"He figured that out, too, and tried to force it out of me." Heat encumbered my whole face. "And he did, just not verbally."

"What do you mean?"

Those soft lips as they moved magically with mine for a few seconds... his strong grip on my arm as my emotions heightened... his intoxicating cologne...

"Hey, I'm losing you again," Donna said and clapped her hands in front of my face, and I snapped out of it again. "Wow, something must've happened. What happened, huh? Ooo... your face is completely red! Spill it!"

My gaze went to his lips on that poster, lips that I only dreamed would move on mine. "He... kissed me."

Donna made the biggest gasp I could remember her making, and she covered her mouth with both hands as her blue eyes went extremely wide. A scream escaped her after the huge gasp. Lila started barking because of that scream, and she hopped up on the bed to see what was going on.

"Elvis kissed you?!" Donna hollered as she dropped her hands and Lila got into her lap. Her whole face was as red as mine. I only nodded. She squealed. "Oh my goodness! See?! What did I tell you?! That man is in love with you!"

For the first time since I met Elvis, I was inclined to believe it. "He at least has feelings for me. Either that, or it was completely spontaneous."

"Spontaneous shmontaneous. Him kissing you wasn't an accident. Men kiss women because their heart beats for them. Now tell me every single little detail. Is he a good kisser? Did he wrap you up in his arms? Well?"