Chapter 9 - The Bauble that broke the Spade's Back

Now I know you must be thinking that "boi Miss Bauble, you really tek nuff man"  but nuff a uno can't judge me because uno take way more. Furthermore, I was smart with how I used to go about tekkin' man. Two kids, maybe too many miscarriages, but all in all i led a good life. I just had no luck with men!

I had resorted to fixing my marriage after I ended things with Marc, and it was really the last thing I wanted to do but Kemaree wanted to try!

Kemaree and I really tried hard for things to work out, after all we had loved each other since high school, we had two children now,  and businesses under our names.

I was Mrs. Spade.

I wanted to be his wife from the day I saw him in Commonwealth Park. I loved him, even though I did not want to love him after all this time. We were married altogether for 15 years, 2 children 2 miscarriages, 3 homes and 4 businesses. We were well-off but uneasy in our marriage.

Kemaree, he was a low down dog, and I was a real bitch, now that I think of it, but I was lonely and needed the man I love, and he was filled with ego. Trying to prove a point - unfortunately.
I had the most daring and sexfilled relationship with Kemaree and looking back - I did not regret meeting him or anything that came with the relationship.

In the end we tried counselling, we tried new partners, we tried open relationships, even considered bringing another person into our marriage, that did not happen of course, but we tried everything!
You may be wondering where Kemaree is right now and how I went from Bauble to Spade and back to Bauble.

Well, Kemaree and I decided that we simply could not get divorced for many reasons, a few to include but not limited to our shared assets. So we decided to get a legal separation, and with the separation we made a few decisions.

We would live together until both our kids got to their 18th birthday.
I would be able to depoll my last name back to Bauble
We would spend holidays together as a family for the girl's sake
We would maintain our assets to remain beneficial for the entire family

There were of course other stipulations, but these were more important. Kemaree and I had sex whenever we needed it, that was never a part of the negotiation, but both of us loved having sex. At the end of it all we were back to being best friends, more like best friends with benefits. I knew his whores, he knew my Joe's. That was it for us though. It sounds confusing right? I know but it worked.

Eventually Kia turned 18 and the question now was, do we stay here or do we go our separate ways.

Kia was off to Oxford in England, where even after college she decided to stay there, with Kai in England Kia opted to travel there too, and convinced her Dad to spend a term there with her, and that's what Kemaree did. They begged me to come, but who would watch the business and take care of the properties? So I declined.

I moved out of the 2 bedroom townhouse as it felt too big and empty with me alone and moved here to Top Village, after it was newly developed. I rented the Town house to a lovely young couple who reminded me of myself and Kemaree. I watched Top village go from middle class to ghetto, and I even watched as politicians flowed in and out like waves - leading the residents astray. I watched many of my neighbours move out to Wallenford and Village Heights. Now I could have afforded to do the same, but I grew fond of the excitement that came with the squalors of Top Village.

Furthermore, who was gonna tell you all these people's business?! Jodi always tells me I was getting too old for all this madness and to stop spending my money on these low life waste life set of people, but I think of the villagers as family, so Jodi can stay over there in Wallenford.

Many people here really don't know much about me except that I am the fass ole' village lawyer! Pun intended. I want it to stay that way. Kai, Kia and their father visit every now and then but they don't come to Top Village. They have me travel all the way to Wallenford to our 4-bedroom condo. Never could stomach the likle boasy people them who live in that community now.

So now you see how and why I know so many people from Top Village to Wallenford, but let's keep that part a secret! Can't bada fe nobody come and beg me out! I hope my business taught you something and not just fatten yuh earz.

Now, you can get up offa me stoop and go home before the mosquito them starts to bite. I gone inside.

Walk good!

-Miss Bauble.