Woe is You

Midnight plagued the night, as the moonlight shone with its iridescence, blinding the crows and doves with its mystical quality.

Inside Ophelia, two darknesses infested the room against the waning will of one shining star. Stars are known for their rose tinted view on the world, so any speck of gloom would cause an array of immediate discomfort.

Enid carefully edged towards the door handle that lead to her dorm, grasping the handle with a still delicacy, as though to avoid awakening the beasts that nested in the room.

As soon as the door flung open, she let out a shriek of horror, completely dismissing her previous silence as a state of shock passed through her.

The room was split into thirds. One side filled with the joys of a rainbow, another with little to no decor similar to a barren wasteland, and the other a mini, murky maison.

"What the hell did you do to my room?" barked Enid, as she glared at her blank faced roommate.

"Splitting our room accordingly." Wednesday replied casually, as she stood up and kicked one of Enid's unicorn plushies towards her side of the room.

"It looks like a rainbow vomited on your side." commented the raven haired girl, before moving over to her side.

Wednesday's third clearly juxtaposed her coloured counterparts one. It was like comparing an open cemetery to a nursery playpen.

Y/N's side was deemed as a 'wasteland', with nothing overtly interesting that articulated his personality.

The lack of handiwork was likely due to the fact that he would move out within a matter of days, therefore he hadn't felt the need to overtly customise the temporary living space.

Y/N layed down on a double mattress bed along a dull brown bedframe. The poor boy was starched of energy after the prolonged journey.

Although he was fast asleep, his mind subconscious muttered aloud. "Embrace the dichotomy."

"HOW IS Y/N SLEEPING THROUGH ALL OF THIS?" boomed Enid obnoxiously, but somehow, even her tumultuous tone couldn't penetrate the titanic forces that protected the frail eardrums of Y/N L/N. Others could argue that Y/N was a deep sleeper.

Wednesday glanced softly at the boy with a slight pity, before glaring at Enid. "Silence would be appreciated, this is my writing time." said Wednesday, pulling up her black and white sleeves.

"Your writing time? You can write?" asked Enid to which Wednesday gritted her teeth.

"I devote an hour a day to my novel, perhaps if you did the same, your vlog might be coherent. I've read serial killer dares with better punctuation." insulted Wednesday monotonously.

"I write in my voice. It's my truth, it's what my followers love." spoke Enid in an offended conviction.

"Your followers are clearly imbeciles." snapped Wednesday brusquely. "They respond to your stories with insipid little pictures."

"You mean emojis?" laughed Enid hysterically. "It's how people express their feelings. I realize that's a foreign concept to you."

"When I look at you, the following emojis come to mind. Rope. Shovel. Hole." glowered Wednesday.

"By the way, there are two D's in Addams. If you're found to gossip about me, atleast spell my name correctly." She added sharply.

As she was about to sit down on the chair to begin the conquest of writing her novella, she stopped abruptly at the sound of loud, peppy pop music.

"Turn that off." demanded Wednesday, as Enid began to swirl and shuffle on the spot like a ballet dancer.

"This is your final warning." The braided haired girl stepped closer to the female werewolf.

"Rawr!" attempted to roar Enid, but it came off more like a measley bark. "Don't mess with me. This kitty's got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them."

The blonde's usually resevered expression contorted into one of pure fury, as she raised her sharp multicoloured claws over the head of her roommate, readying to strike at any moment. Wednesday remained composed and unwavered by this mildly amusing ordeal.

Suddenly, the door slammed open, revealing an Auburn haired woman with short curls, trims with a dark fade and navy blue straitjacket.

"Good evening, girls." greeted the spectacled woman, as she carefully entered with a plant pot in her possession.

"Oh, sorry about the mud." She apologized, closing the door behind her.

"I wanted to make sure that Wednesday was settling in." began the woman with a slight excitement, which quietened at the sight of the room.

A thick layer of mud clung to her jet black boots, as she shook them to remove  the remains.

"Ah, is this a bad time?" She asked causing both girls to exchange wary glances.

"I'm Ms. Thornhill, your dorm tutor. Apologies I wasn't here to greet you when you arrived." introduced the herbology teacher.

"I trust Enid has given you the old Nevermore welcome." smiled Thornhill at Enid.

"She's been smothering me with hospitality." Wednesday spoke up. "I hope to return the favour." continued Wednesday causing the corners of Enid's mouth to twitch. "In her sleep." She nonchalantingly added causing Enid's smile to falter.

"Well.." chuckled Thornhill awkwardly. "Here's a little welcome gift from my conservatory." said Thornhill handing over a black, withered flower.

"I try to match the right flower to each of my girls, and when I read your personal statement in your application, I immediately thought of this one."

"The black dahlia." Wednesday commented as she examined the flower.

"Oh, you know it?"

"Of course, it's named after my favourite unsolved murder." murmured Wednesday. "..Thank you." Wednesday thanked her.

"Okey-dokey, before I leave, I want to go over a few house rules." She looked at the two girls, and then glanced over at the slumbering, bed-bound figure.

"Lights off at 10:00 and no loud music, ever." began Thornhill. "In terms of boys, they are normally, not allowed at all, but due to the recent circumstances, we've allowed the exception of two boys in your dorm at one given time until Y/N moves on out."

"What's the story about going into the local town?" inquired Wednesday.

"Passes to Jericho are a privilege, not a right. It's a brisk 25 minute walk, or there's a shuttle on the weekends."

"The locals are a tad bit wary, about Nevermore. So please don't go making any waves, or perpetuating any outcast stereotypes." Thronhill explained.

"That means keep your claws to yourself." She turned to Enid. "And no smothering people in their sleep." And she turned to Wednesday.

"Are we clear?" asked the teacher rhetorically, but to no avail, as there was no response from either of the girls.

"Great Talk!" She exclaimed.