Woe is the Loneliest Number

Author's Note: I've changed the cover of this story.

Y/N was quite befuddled. It was around 4 in the morning; far too early for his liking and he was somehow awake.

The Wolf pounced onto him while he laid bed-bound, which made him feel oddly uncomfortable.

A charge of blond hair stuck to his face, as Enid clung to him, heaving out a fountain of tears.

In a spot of awkwardness, Y/N lightly patted her on the back, whilst slowly pushing the Wolf away from him, untangling the two from their cluttered state.

"Why are you crying?" asked Y/N in the nicest tone he could muster. "I didn't think Rowan and yourself were particularly close." remarked Y/N glancing at her tear stained face.

"It's not R-Rowan." stuttered Enid, before gulping a lump of anguished spit. "It's Wednesday."

Y/N's eyebrows shot to the top of his head, as his E/C orbs dilated in fear.

Wednesday and Enid had gone to Harvest Festival the night previous.

Y/N didn't like to indulge in meaningless activities. People who went to carnivals and fairs typically were of a lower class, who would spend all of their hard earned savings on flosses of candy and oversized bears.

Truthfully, Y/N resented most forms of social gatherings due to his upbringing and lack of actual friends, therefore when Wednesday asked him to assist her with a 'secret mission' he was quick to deny the request.

Y/N liked Wednesday Addams, to what extent, he did not know yet, but to sacrifice his time for a silly expedition seemed obsolete.

Yet again, Wednesday didn't seem like the type to waste time participating in meaningless activities, so perhaps her request meant something beyond the scope of simple fun.

"What happened?" inquired Y/N staring into the shaken eyes of his room mate.

"─S-she went into a forest to follow Rowan. And she never came back! Apparently Rowan has been killed by the Monster, and they s-searched-" spoke Enid stifling her tears, before a sharp, tactile voice cut through her padded emotions.

"And they couldn't find my dead body."

Y/N moved away from the comprising position that himself and Enid were in, snapping his head to meet the dark hazel eyes of a person that made him exhale a sigh of relief.

Wednesday stood before them, near the door, a look of disgust and anguish expressed on her pale face. "I hope I wasn't interrupting anything."