1

HOME

WHAT MOTIVATED YOU as a person; a living breathing human just the same as every other person to walk this planet

To run, to talk, to get out of bed in the morning. It's fascinating how living things can do such a simple matter naturally, but you felt like talent that you possessed was almost overwhelming. It felt natural to you like things should, but watching other people try and achieve the skill made you cringe.

Even you didn't know the cause for the sudden energy. The sudden urge to kick a ball around like Messi or Neymar practically overtook your senses one day. Football legends were like hero's after all.

Showing there skills to represent a team, winning games and scoring goals that could make them internationally hated and loved.

You wanted that, you really wanted to feel the happiness of kicking a ball into the goal and earning praise you never received. The cheers, the shouts of your team. The tears glistening in your eyes whilst winning a life changing game.

You wanted all of it.

So you decided to try. Picking up a ball and kicking it into a net, it was like you and the well known sport were destined to be. You and the ball, it felt like it was just you and this inanimate object as you played.

Everything you did, dribbling, passing to the wall, shooting, defending. It all came to you like slicing a pie. It was like natural instincts, just as you said, it was just as easy as breathing.

Thats why you joined a club. You made bonds with your teammates, being necessarily quiet as you didnt need to draw attention to yourself.

Your team, they were nice to have there but you didn't need them to function. If you had to leave one day you might be upset but you wouldn't be devastated.

To know all of this was because of a ball, it's like it dragged you to it. Begging out your name as it told you what to do but it made u create bonds and let you have a release from everything else in your trapped mind. It brought a small sense of peace into your brain, you felt more at ease.

The odd thing is though it wasn't just you in your seemingly lifeless body. Something was telling you what to do when you played football, it was a growing voice. It edged you on and helped you along your journey.

Maybe it was your instincts or something to do with the crazed look you had on your face rather then the permanent, tired expression, but this voice drove you to become a well known player in your small community. It has let you become highly praised by elderly couples and other kids your age who happened to have watched your games.

You had brought your team to multiple wins, and this is why you decided to keep the voice close to your heart. It seemed wrong, sure you didn't mind though.

5-1

8-1

6-0

Each game was the exact same outcome but it brought you the same joy everytime.