Chapter 6: Didn't We Almost Have It All?

The next day, Richard was released from the hospital with loads of medication, oxygen tanks, nasal cannulas and feeding tubes which were a lot to handle. But with Paul and the other Wild Boys' help, things would get better. "You didn't have to drag around my oxygen tank," Richard said. "Hey, I have to because I care about you as my child, plus, you're carrying around a backpack of medical food" Paul said. "I guess," Richard said. "Hey, we're tubie buddies now, you're not alone," Andy said. Richard just chuckled. Once the Wild Boys head back to Basildon, everyone is preparing for the holidays. "Can't believe it's so festive here," Jim said. "Yeah," John said. "Let's head to the dorms," Simon said. Once the Wild Boys headed to the dorms, Miyagi excitedly went up to them.

"Hey Miyagi, excited for the holidays?" Curt asked. Miyagi chirped happily. "Someone's excited for Christmas," Curt said. "We all are," Dave said. "And tomorrow's my birthday as well, I'm turning 18," Chris said. "That's amazing," Paul said. "Okay, tomorrow we'll help everyone set up our school for the Christmas program before Christmas break, sounds good?" Simon asked. Everyone agreed and headed to their rooms to find something festive to decorate the school with tomorrow. "Can't believe it's also Hanukkah today," John said. "Yeah, if only we're allowed to set up something for the Jews in this school," Richard said. "Maybe we should also do Hanukkah while everyone does Christmas," John suggested. "Good idea," Richard said.