02. plus more.

☛ lowercase intended

lowercase intended.

“ what. . . what are you doing on the edge? ”

in surprise, yūgure's foot stepped backward, and tadano became pale.

the said girl had no idea anyone was left in school, and she'd only just realized that she was on the edge of the school building.

she gasped quietly, seeing the distance from the bottom to the top of the school.

how did i even... get here?

yūgure thought, and glanced over at the boy.

he was still, like if he moved he would send the tiniest gust of air and send her over the edge and plummeting down to her death.

yūgure, who comes up with excuses and lies easily, smiled brightly and turned around quickly to face the boy, with a fake giggle and a sheepish expression.

she scratched her cheek, and left her other hand in front of her person, holding down the front of her skirt so the wind didn't blow it up.

“ practicing my balance, what else? ” she says, and stood on one leg, making tadano want to grab her and pull her down.

she then jumped down, and tadano noticed that her feet adorned no shoes.

he could see the color of her skin through the black tights, where they stretched over her toes.

A rock that usually kept the door leading onto the roof held down a stack of papers, and in the wind, the corners flapped loudly.

noticing tadano's observation on her belongings,  yūgure quickly picked up the rock and let it fly a few centimeters away from where she picked up he papers and held it to her chest with an obvious nervous aura.

“ the air and sky is so nice up here, huh? i usually come up here for— work, yes, work, haha!
the cherry blossom trees are so pretty from up here! and the, uh— uh everyone looks so tiny. ”

the girl shoved her feet into her school shoes and scurried past the still frozen boy, but he reached out and grabbed her blazer clad bicep.

“ you're yūgure fuyuki, right? ” he asked gently, and the look in her eyes made it seem like she was about to cry, but she just smiled brightly and nodded.

“ yeah, but most people call me yū , it's my first name. ”

ah... so i've been calling her by her first name all this time in my head.