07. plus more.

" girl, eat more! you need more food on your plate! " hitomi scolded yūgure while adding more and more food to her plate

" hitomi- it's fine! i don't need anymore! "

"honey, she's right. you're too skinny. your cheeks are so sunken in. " tadano's mother cooed and gently placed more food on her plate with her chopsticks.

" you're like a starved kitten, have some more tea as well it'll help those bags under your eyes. "
tadano's father said and poured hot liquid into her cup.

tadano smiled but asked his family to calm down, but also placed a bowl of soup next to her.
" you don't have to eat it, but I would like it if you did. "

yūgure let out a sigh and tentatively started eating everything on her plate, and when she got to the soup she just tried to drink it, and hitomi cheered her on.

" chug it! CHUG, CHUG, CHUG! " she screamed, and yūgure did so but when she put a had over her mouth and felt everything trying to come up.

" yūgure? " tadano asked with concern and placed a shy hand on her back, but she gulped it down again and smiled nervously.

" i'm fine, hitohito. "

this made both parents glance at each other with knowing looks.

━━━━━━━━━━

" um, do I really have to do this? " yūgure said quietly, clasping her shaking hands together tightly in front of her.

tadano's family had finally driven her to the police station after she stayed with them for a week.

she felt like she was burdening them with an extra mouth to feed, and wanted to get it over with so they could live peacefully again.

" well, you can stay with us as long as you like, but... you have to check in eventually. " mrs. tadano says softly, a gentle hand on her back.

" school is important, too. You shouldn't keep missing it. " Mr. Tadano said after.

yūgure gazed up, and anxiety squeezed at her heart.

what would happen when she reported everything? would she get into trouble for not doing it right away?

would the do something about it immediately?
where would yūgure go?

" it's gonna go great! " hitomi said, starting to drag yūgure up the steps, but upon seeing yūgure's fear-stricken face, tadano told his sister to stop.