05. plus more.

waking up with a smile on her face, yūgure stretched her arms above her and was seized by dehydration, and the oxygen flow getting cut off from her brain.

yūgure stumbled a bit and held onto the walk for support but when the regular colors of the world came back she smiled again and couldn't help but giggle at the randomness of what just happened.

as yūgure walked down the hallway to the living room, she was struck with chills and hunger pains.

since the water, electricity, and gas was shut off the heat was too, resulting in the cold september air to permeate through the windows, which were fogged up, and the walls, which were wrinkled, as the paint was cheap and now— wet.

yūgure held her belly with a far away look on her face and her expression lit up momentarily.

“ there should be spare yen around here. ” she mumbled to herself, and went toward the couch, ripping the cushions off and digging her hand around until she felt various of spots with change.

she grinned and put them in her skirt pocket, then moved around to other side of the couch for more.

she ran her hands along the carpet and found two one hundred yen coins, and bit her lip at the idea of searching her parents room.

they've been gone for so long, it's like the threat of invading their personal space didn't matter anymore.

so yūgure went into the room at the end of the hallway, and the door creaked open, and she immediately saw stacks of coins on the side tables and a few stray dollars on the floor next to a pair of her fathers dirty and crumpled jeans.

yūgure didn't go for the obvious choices of the money in plain sight, if they saw that it was gone, yūgure would be in grave danger.

yūgure ran her fingers over the carpet, and yelped when she got stabbed by a stray sewing needle hidden in the material.

she continued, and found enough money for her lunch that day at school.

yūgure went back to get ready and put the familiar coffee brown claw clip under her brown tresses, making it hold in a pony tail like position.

after, yūgure searched the cabinets and blew a raspberry when she saw that the only thing that that mice haven't eaten was a new box of rice.

if mice ate raw rice, they would inflate like balloons.

yūgure closed the cabinet and exited the house.

━━━━━━━━━━

writing another note, she slipped it inside tadano's shoe locker and walked to class, after changing her own shoes.

yūgure passed her homework with a happy smile, and the teacher was rather surprised to see her so early, but others started to file in, including tadano.